Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Federal Defense Group as a Temporary Facility Assessor. This position can sit in any of our Atkins offices and will require traveling up to 75%.
- Complete high quality comprehensive condition assessments and due diligence engineering evaluations on multiple assignments. Manage the work assignment within the prescribed timelines and deliverables. This is a temporary position.
- Evaluate architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems to determine condition, remaining useful life end required expenditures and remedial measures.
- Complete comprehensive and high-quality condition assessment and due diligence engineering evaluations of varying building types throughout the U.S.
- Handle multiple assessment projects in condensed time-frame.
- Client relationship management.
- Identify and develop facility options to satisfy project objectives of client.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus ten years related experience OR an Associates Degree in a related technical field plus eight years related experience is required.
- Good reporting skills are required and ability to meet frequent tight deadlines. Must have professional attitude and a strong commercial awareness, be able to deal directly and communicate effectively with clients and other staff both verbally and in writing. Must be self motivated and have the ability to successfully manage client’s expectations, schedule and cost with minimum supervision.
- Up to 75% travel time to assessment sites within the U.S. during a typical work week.
- Previous experience working with electronics (tablets) is a must.
- Previous experience working with BUILDER SMS (Sustainment Management System) software is preferred.
- Mechanical, electrical or architectural certifications are preferred.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.