Faithful+Gould Degree Apprenticeship - Health and Safety - Yorkshire and the Humber
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Do you want to work on some of the most prestigious, innovative and demanding construction challenges across the globe? Do you want to work for a company whose success is built on hiring, training, developing and retaining the very best people? Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a world leading integrated project and programme management consultancy, with over 70 years’ experience in the UK. With a team of 1,200 experts, across 24 offices, you’ll be surrounded by a wealth of expertise.
Do you want to get paid for gaining a degree apprenticeship qualification with on-the-job mentoring and learning? Would you enjoy solving problems and working with some of the best minds in the business on some of the most critical challenges of our time, from the world’s tallest hotel to London’s Heathrow Airport and the Freedom Tower in New York? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Faithful+Gould as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
With Faithful+Gould, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas and by solving the engineering challenges of the future. Our apprenticeship programme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential.
Big thinkers. Inspiring designs. We’re one of the world’s most prestigious consultancies. With the Faithful+Gould Apprentice Development Programme, you’re in great company.
Where could I work?
Requirements: GCSEs including a C/5 in Mathematics & English (Language or Literature) + 96 UCAS points (Full details)
Further details of this apprenticeship can be found here. Your Learning Provider is currently outlined as UCEM but please note this could be subject to change depending on availability.
Apprentices will work with a variety of teams, join us and you can expect to be involved in a variety of projects to:
- Assisting in the preparation of health and safety project documentation
- Undertake, under guidance, principal designer and H&S consultant responsibilities on small or noncomplex projects or programmes of work or help on larger or more complex projects to develop experience and competency
- Carry out health and safety inspections and auditing and site surveys following appropriate training
During your 5 year apprenticeship, no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst committing to developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Faithful+Gould. You’ll study towards a Level 6 qualification, degree apprenticeship though distance learning. Not only will you learn in the classroom, you’ll enjoy being part of the team as you will get involved with all kinds of projects and learn something new every day.
What are we looking for?
- The ability to work in a team, assisting with the smooth running of a variety of projects
- Creativity and strong communication skills
- Vision, inclusive and the drive to keep on learning
- To be reliable, practical and self-motivated
- To use your own initiative
- To work across different locations on a variety of projects, constantly developing your skills and experience
- Be UK mobile to work across different locations on a variety of projects
- A lateral thinker who can apply technical knowledge to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions and isn’t afraid to push boundaries
What are the benefits and rewards?
For a full list of our benefits and to understand more about our apprentice community, please click here. Alternatively, if you’d like to speak to one of our current apprentices about our culture click here.
How do I apply?
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunities employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For more information about our D&I initiatives, please click here.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on email@example.com
For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website.
Our deadline for applications is 31 January 2020. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
NB: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles