Federal Civilian Project Director
Federal Civilian Project Director
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Federal Civilian Project Director will under general direction, manage complex and unconventional technology or delivery systems and sits in our Federal Group.
This position is U.S. based and reports to our Division Manager, Federal Civilian.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Business development with US DOT and execute and manage the contracts including but not limited to FHWA FLHD CEI, FHWA FLHD AE, FHWA Office of Operations, Office of Policy, Turner Fairbanks, FRA, FTA, and others.
- Projects typically involve high levels of regulatory agency involvement or very complex technical requirements and might include construction management engagements, significant design-build or design-build-operate-maintain undertakings, major and unique structures, accelerated delivery methods, etc.
- Provides leadership, direction, and technical guidance to senior project managers and project managers within assigned area of responsibility to ensure that quality management and technical services are provided to clients and that operating performance targets are met.
- Mentors senior project managers and project managers associated with sophisticated and unconventional projects.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in field of Civil or Transportation Engineering. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- Professional registration PE is required, and Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) (conditional).
- Prior experience managing A/E and Construction service IDIQs with federal lands management agencies is preferred.
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulation, Federal Lands Highway Division (EFLHD) of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) of the US Department of Transportation, Department of Interior, National Parks Services, Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contract – Contract Type.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills, public speaking, and persuasive ability; very strong financial management, team management, and leadership skill.
- Ability to manage and coordinate efforts of various projects to produce budgeted profits and overall results.
- Current relationships/experience with Federal Department of Transportation agencies preferred.
- Possesses specific expertise to the extent that the individual is regarded as a regional or potentially national expert in a specific discipline, contract delivery method, particular type of project, planning process, design method, or modeling technique.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs