Federal Defense Army/Air Force Project Manager
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Federal Group as a Federal Defense Army/Air Force Project Manager. This position can sit in our San Antonio TX, Dallas TX, Alexandria VA or Denver CO Office.
- Under direction, provides professional and project management expertise in the direction of federal projects requiring multiple technical units and/or subcontractors, heavy regulatory agency involvement or extremely complex technical requirements. Also performs the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, financial management and marketing assistance. Functions as a mentor to technical professionals to assist in their training and development.
- Project management assignments at this level typically involve routine projects, characterized by changing conditions and requirements, challenging client/agency demands, or difficult project coordination.
- Emphasis is on Army and Air Force projects; however, other federal project experience will be considered.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in field(s) of practice. Graduate degree desirable. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved with 8 years experience in project production and technical professional activities, two of these working as a Sr. Technical Professional.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good public speaking ability; strong project financial management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
- Professional Registration in field of practice is required
- Understanding of federal design standards and criteria related to roadways, sanitary sewers, water distribution systems, storm drain facilities, site grading, stormwater management, earthwork, erosion & sediment control, environmental compliance, ADA compliance, and pavement markings & signage.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles