Federal Master Planner
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Federal Management Group as a Federal Master Planner. This position can be seated in any of the following locations: Alexandria, VA, Denver, CO, Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA, Orlando, FL or Calverton, MD.
Under general direction, serves as a recognized planning specialist throughout the company, providing advice on the resolution of major technical problems of marked importance to the organization. Provides technical expertise on programs and projects with substantial fees, developing standards for diverse planning activities. Specialization may be in the area of land utilization, urban planning, transportation or archaeological projects.
- Determines program objectives and requirements.
- Routinely manages projects.
- Has responsibility for success of program, major complex projects or client liaison, conformance to budget and quality control.
- Makes final project decisions and performs final review of job file.
- Analyzes technical issues, solves major technical problems and/or makes cost-effective recommendations.
- Strong role in client relationships and client maintenance.
- Develops Quality Control/Quality Assurance process and implementation.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Planning or related field. Master's or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Planners with fifteen years experience since Bachelor's, or fourteen years since Master's. Typical incumbent has 15-20 years experience.
- Persuasive ability plus strong technical writing and communication skills are expected at this level, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees.
- May be eligible for project management training.
- AICP Certification is desired
- 10+ years Military/Federal Master Planning experience
- DD1391 processing experience
- AICP highly desired
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.