Federal Project Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Calverton, MD Federal Group as a Atkins Deputy Project Delivery Lead.
- Assist Project Delivery lead in providing project management direction and oversight for all Risk MAP production work being handled under the FEMA Production and Technical Services Contract. The primary duty is oversight the FEMA PTS project portfolio in various geographies and led by many Project Managers. Responsibilities also include mentoring project managers and technical professionals to strengthen project delivery skills: including product coordination, scheduling, planning, staffing, project controls, change management, and financial management and reporting.
- Maintains direct and fluid communication with Project Managers to identify and mitigate any risks to the delivery of the project portfolio. Reviews Project Execution Plans and performs project reviews on the appropriate frequency intervals.
- Develops and implements best practices for project delivery including quality assurance, administrative procedures, communication, and progress reporting. billings and reports, ensures appropriate charging of labor, cost and expenses to projects, communicates portfolio status to senior management and alerts them of project production, quality or financial performance problems.
- Works with Project Managers, Master Scheduler and the Technical Professional Organization to identify staffing needs, and gaps in types of professionals required to deliver projects. Demonstrate an understanding and experience with Earned Value principles and practices.
- Leads a group of Functional Area Leads to maintain Atkins’ internal processes current with the developments of FEMA’s Guidelines and Standards. Works with Functional Area Leads to continuously improve internal procedures that lead to quality products.
- Manages a reduced portfolio of FEMA production projects.
- Assists business analyst in the setup of new projects in Atkins’ systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in field(s) of practice. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus. This level may be achieved with ten years of experience in project production and technical professional activities. At least five years working as a project manager.
- Proven interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication, persuasive ability; strong project financial management and team management skills. Knowledge of production support systems and computer proficiency.
- Professional registration in field of practice desired. Certification as a “Project Management Professional” (PMP) required, or the ability to obtain one within one year of assuming this position.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.