Federal Project Manager
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Federal Business Unit as a Project Manager. This position will sit in our Oakland, CA, Calverton, MD, Alexandria, VA, Denver, CO or Seattle, WA Offices.
Under general direction, manages complex and unconventional technology or delivery systems for a single significant project within a defined technical specialty.
- Management assignments typically involve large, multi-discipline assignments, including unconventional or complex projects made up of 1 or 2 highly sophisticated and specialized technical components generating annual net revenue between $2.5 million to $5 million annually.
- Projects typically involve high levels of regulatory agency involvement or very complex technical requirements.
- Typical projects might include construction management engagements, significant design-build or design-build-operate-maintain undertakings, major and unique structures, major wastewater treatment facilities, etc.
- Provides leadership, direction, and technical guidance to senior project managers and project managers within assigned area of responsibility to ensure that quality management and technical services are provided to clients and that operating performance targets are met.
- Mentors senior project managers and project managers associated with sophisticated and unconventional projects.
- Projects of this magnitude generally involve net revenues totaling between $2.5 million to $5 million annually and require specialized expertise.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in field(s) of practice. Graduate degree desirable. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved with 8 years experience in project production and technical professional activities, two of these working as a Sr. Technical Professional.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability; very strong financial management, team management, and leadership skills; ability to manage and coordinate efforts of various projects to produce budgeted profits and overall results.
- Possesses specific expertise to the extent that the individual is regarded as a regional or potentially national expert in a specific discipline, contract delivery method, particular type of project, planning process, design method, or modeling technique.
- Personal computer proficiency is required.
- Interested in candidates that have solid relationships within a single DOI agency or multiple (HQ level or regional)
- Someone that has been exposed to both policy and projects
- Professional Registration in field of practice preferred if available.
- 5 years experience supporting National Park Service, US Fish & Wildlife, US Forest Service and/or Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation is preferred.
- Project/program experience with DOI or one of their sub agencies including: NPS, USGS, USFWS, USFS, BLM, BOR
- Experience in managing/dealing with clients
- Experience handling projects over $1M
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles