Field Engineering Manager
Field Engineering Manager
Field Engineering Manager
Why Join us?
This position is based out of our office in Rochester, NV, and reports to our Senior Manager, Mechanical and Piping, Engineering. It is responsible for coordinating multi-discipline engineering teams, leading studies and leading plant engineering mandates. The person in this position will work closely with all disciplines (engineering, HSE, procurement, quality, etc.) and Client personnel to scope and manage various projects.
Members of the SNC-Lavalin mining & metallurgy team combines global-caliber expertise with deep local capabilities to provide tailored solutions for projects of any size, scope or complexity. We offer a full range of services at every step of a mining project. We believe in working openly and transparently, together, delivering world-class projects. To support our growth initiatives, we are expanding our team and are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenges and want to add value to project success, both locally and internationally. Your commitment and expertise will be recognized and valued as we work together for our professional and business success.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Manages and coordinates the progress of the engineering work in accordance with the project scope and schedule
- Develop, coordinate and maintain project schedules to ensure cost, quality and schedule objectives are met
- Identify scope changes and request change orders in advance of performing work
- Using established project management tools, measure on a monthly basis, the progress of engineering, to ensure that the budgets and schedules are being met, and if necessary, take corrective action
- Set agenda and lead project meetings
- Develop, maintain and coordinate all interfaces with client operations groups
- Ensures that the review of documentation is carried out in accordance with the Project Instructions
- Prepare project status reports
- Prepare engineering and construction work packages as required to support the execution of the project
- Initiate a prompt identification and correction for any engineering issues
- Oversee and manage the procurement requisition process, review bids and tendering documents to ensure conformance with the project scope and technical specifications
- Answering RFIs in the field for construction contracts
- Support the identification and prequalification of subcontractors
- Review drawings and develop scopes of work
- Coordinate with Office and field engineering for responses to construction issues that come up during construction
- Prepare sketches and technical solutions to engineering issues.
- Establishes and maintains a climate favorable to the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of the project engineering work
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) or eligible for PE registration
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience, preferably in a new build construction environment
- Previous EPC/EPCM experience preferred
- Site experience and/or experience working in an operations role in a mining process plant
- Solid understanding of project management and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines/fields
- Working knowledge of cost, planning and control methods
- Proficiency in a variety of standard project management methods and techniques
- Ability to travel for extended periods
- Experience working on sites in a construction role, commissioning role, operations role or plant engineering role is an asset
- Ability to meet assignment schedule & deliver quality products under pressure
- Proficient with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs