Field Engineering Manager
Field Engineering Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Scope of work:
This scope of work is for a three month assignment at CNL site for an individual with expertise in heavy equipment and rigging including SPMT experience
- Fully vet the cost estimate provided by Eclipse and Mammoet. Validating the structural steel costs or materials is being provided by others.
- Develop an on-site labor cost estimate and schedule duration with details to assemble the structure on-site to support Inactive Commissioning Phase 2.
- Obtain vendor budgetary estimates for rental of SPMTs at ISOT and on-site. Develop a labor cost estimate including site support and schedule duration with details to mob/demob seven times approximately once every six months through the life cycle of the project.
- Prepare a Baseline Performance Baseline Proposal for use and rental of SPMTs and offset the estimate with the built in crane rentals based on an earlier design concept.
- Prepare a Baseline Performance Baseline Proposal for the SBWRS based upon the lifecycle organization chart recently developed for the project and vet the staffing levels with project personnel.
- Facilitate and prepare the statement of work for Integrated System Operability Testing (ISOT) support activities of key equipment fabricators valued at approximately $10M. This includes a full mock-up including construction of a bunker and four standpipes in
- the Cambridge area. Assist CNL through the competitive bid evaluation process for this work scope.
- Thoroughly vet and clean-up WBS 18 activities to ensure appropriate level of detail (low level activities) are developed/aligned with the re-plan baseline to execute the field work at a reasonably level of detail. This is separate from development of the planning activities as part of the Toronto PMO.
- Provide training through remote workshops and mentorship across the SBWRS project on fundamentals of project controls, project fundamentals, variance analyses and project reporting.
Competencies required for the job:
- Registered Professional Engineer (APEGA)
- B.Sc, Civil Engineering
- B.A. Economics
- Background in heavy lifting and rigging engineering
- Pragmatic problem solver
- Experience planning grassroots and brownfield revamp construction
What we offer at Candu Energy Inc.:
At Candu, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.):
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary: These jobs are open for all job levels and will be assessed based on experience and skills.
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Paid vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At Candu, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Candu cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin / Candu, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs