Field Engineering Technician/Technologist
SNC-Lavalin’s Roads & Bridges team provides multidisciplinary design, construction and project management services to a diverse portfolio of private and public sector clients in Saskatchewan and across Canada.
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Regina, SK and reports to the Construction Lead, Roads & Bridges.
In this position you will work as a key team member of the Roads & Bridges team on a variety of civil infrastructure projects in the Province of Saskatchewan. The successful candidate(s) will join a variety of civil professionals (Engineers and Technologists) in Regina and Saskatoon. The ideal candidate is an individual that has previous roadway construction experience with asphalt, soils, aggregates, and concrete, and will be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and has the long-term drive, ambition and potential to develop and progress within our organization.
Our projects are primarily based in Saskatchewan, however other opportunities across Canada may arise from time to time. This role will require a significant amount of field work, including extended shifts (usually approximately 10 days) requiring out-of-town work, especially during the peak of construction season from May to September.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Acceptance testing of materials used on constructions projects, including asphalt, soil, aggregates, and concrete, in accordance with ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), CSA (Canadian Standards Association), and SMHI (Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure) requirements.
- Providing quantity control of materials used on projects by fulfilling the duties of a roadside checker or scale person.
- Topographic or construction surveying with GPS survey equipment.
- Completion of aerial surveys with the use of drones.
- Providing contractor and construction supervision.
- Completing in-place density testing via the use of a nuclear densometer.
- Completion of roadway investigations, which may include geotechnical drilling and asphalt coring.
- Assisting with the preparation of the documentation required for SMHI construction projects.
- Active participation in our health and safety programs.
- The role may also require assisting with other tasks throughout the year including items such as: Providing assistance to our design team with preparation or revisions to design drawing and documents, Assistance with maintenance and upkeep of our mobile field laboratories, Providing support to our central laboratory or other business units on their projects as the need arises.
What will you contribute?
- Experience with Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure manuals and specifications would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience working on roadway construction projects.
- Valid Saskatchewan class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver abstract.
- A good understanding of MS Office.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- A commitment to culture of workplace safety.
- Ability to work and travel throughout the Province of Saskatchewan for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a team.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Self motivated and high level or energy.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
- A safe and healthy work environment
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com