Field System Vehicle Operator
Atkins DTS Business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Data Transfer Solutions, LLC has an immediate opening for a Field System Vehicle Operator in Orlando, Florida . We are looking for highly motivated, genuinely excited and enthusiastic applicants who want to develop their skills and push technical limits.
The mobile asset collection vehicles are used to collect right of way imagery, pavement imagery, and ride quality readings. The data is used to provide the client with the most current asset inventory (signs, sidewalks, storm water, etc...), pavement condition, and ride quality of their road ways. Client’s use this data to get federal funds to know what can be accomplished with their current budgets. The surveys are used to mitigate liability due to deteriorating infrastructure.
- Assist in driving and operating DTS’ Mobile Asset Collection vehicle; overhead digitizing of features using GIS; and GIS data extraction to support asset management projects.
- This responsibility will require extensive travel for long periods of time including weekends.
- Essential job functions include: designing, analyzing, and maintaining GIS applications and databases; general mapping and digital data development; coordinating and performing research of City, county, and other sources of records for information to revise and update the GIS database.
- The employee is responsible for preparing technical reports and forms; training associated personnel in GIS system use, updates, and data-processing applications.
- Work is performed primarily independently, under the direction and guidance of a supervisor, with work products subject to regular review.
- May provide administrative support when necessary.
- Must be able to travel for extensive periods of time including weekends.
- Applicants must possess good IT technical skills and the ability to think and solve problems.
- Applicants must have a basic understanding of the concepts behind data management in a relational database.
- Experience with GIS packages one of which being the ESRI suite of products is preferred.
- Applicants must have excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Successful applicants will also be able to demonstrate their ability to find new solutions.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred with 0-1 year of experience.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.