SNC-Lavalin has specialists working on rolling stock, asset maintenance, specialist engineering solutions, infrastructure, rail control systems and strategic transport advisory services and we are seeking a Finance Manager in our Engineering, Design and Project Management (EDPM) business.
The Finance Manager will manage a small team and support the management team at SNC-Lavalin Australia across all financial management matters by undertaking systematic procedural and process reviews, implementing improvements and raising awareness of changes required throughout the organisation. This position is based in the Sydney CBD.
- Managing the sales and invoicing process (primarily driven by consulting/billable activities) to ensure timely and accurate production and dispatch to clients;
- Oversee the Australian tax accounting (goods and service, fringe benefits, payroll and corporation) records to ledger process;
- Responsible for the team purchases and expense reimbursements, timely production / distribution to senior management of Profit & Loss accounts, balance sheets, key performance indicators and other regular management information on a monthly basis or quarterly basis;
- Provide support and advice to the regional management team on financial and accounting matters including taxation legislation changes and pensions;
- Provide sound money management capabilities by maintaining the cash flow models and ensuring the Forecast vs Actual data is updated on a daily basis;
- Responsible for accurate bookkeeping and assignment ledger entries, ensuring that regular validation and reconciliation of statutory and management accounts is carried out;
- Responsible for ensuring the scheduling of the Australian finance timetable is optimal for the SNC-Lavalin business environment, deadlines are met, and that data processing is accurate;
- Analyze and work with the Australian entity MD to provide financial commentary to enhance local management to review the business performance;
- Responsible for preparing budget, quarterly forecast, and monthly Outlook by working with the Australian entity MD & regional finance & SNC-Lavalin Management closely;
- Take the lead in managing internal and external audits;
- Lead project review with Business Unit Managers on major projects.
Skills and Experience
- Must hold tertiary level Finance or Accounting qualifications and be a qualified accountant;
- Financial accounting background (minimum 5 years);
- Knowledge of GST, FBT and company tax rules/requirements as per Australian law;
- Preferably advanced level Microsoft Excel abilities;
- Knowledge of JD Edwards or HFM is an advantage; and
- Proactive attitude with an interest in process improvement and development of financial process within the organisation.
Why Join our team?
Our team is a diverse and driven group of individuals with leaders who are committed to the development of each employee. Our portfolio of projects across Australia is diverse, stimulating and continually growing due to our strong client relationships. We are excited about our future, now it’s your turn to be part of something big!
Joining today as a career with us opens up a world of possibilities - being part of a global organisation of over 50,000 employees, opportunities await you to collaborate with colleagues on international projects or use your skills and knowledge to create a winning combination for our clients across our other markets.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs