Financial Controller/Senior Financial Controller
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies
Atkins, part of SNC- Lavalin Group have been operating in the UK nuclear sector for over 50 years, and today work across all of the current and prospective nuclear licensed sites in the UK. On nuclear new build projects alone, we have delivered over 7 million man-hours of support over the past decade. This makes Atkins the biggest nuclear new build organisation in the UK with opportunities to work on Hinkley Point C and Sizewell C projects.
We are a multi-discipline organisation founded on a strong civil engineering heritage, and we operate across the full scope of these projects and at different phases of their lifecycle. A particular strength is supporting our clients though the planning and detailed design phases of their projects to ensure the projects move seamlessly into the construction phases.
The candidate will primarily be responsible for Nuclear New Build/SMR operations within the division. Key point of contact for the market/sub market directors and support to the business. Production of the individual and consolidated market accounts along with appropriate commentary and reporting. The New Build Business is based in the UK, France and Middle East. The role reports directly to the Senior Financial Controller for Nuclear EMEA
- A qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent) with post qualified experience
- Detailed knowledge of Atkins’ finance processes, standards and systems would be an advantage
- Business partnering experience
- The role will require some travel, mainly within the UK
- Preparation of market accounts, budgets and quarterly forecasts, along with commentaries & associated reporting
- Overhead control across the markets
- Monthly reconciliations and control checklists
- Quarterly forecasts, associated reporting and engage with the capacity planning process
- Finance support relating to divisional and market-related investments
- Preparation of Monthly French Branch Accounts
- Supervision and line management of one financial controller
- Participate in stage gate reviews representing finance
- Involvement in bids and rates build up
- Involvement in client rate card audits
- Preparation of slides inputting to the monthly MMR with Montreal
- Validation and Promotion of HFM entities (SNC)
- Deputising for the SFC EMEA
- Ad hoc projects and support to the senior financial controller EMEA
- Strong technical accounting skills & knowledge
- Commercial awareness and business understanding
- Strong Excel skills (to advanced level including pivot tables, look-ups and macros)
- Broad understanding of tax and compliance matters
- Strong people skills; comfortable in interacting with operational and financial staff and management at all levels of seniority
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills
- Collaborative approach
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual Performance Development Review process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins recognises the importance of helping its employees manage their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements that enable them to balance their working life with parental and other caring responsibilities. For full details of our flexible working scheme and benefits package, please refer to our website.
Atkins, part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability and are open to applications from those looking for flexible working.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.