Financial Data Analyst
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
EDPM is the Engineering, Design & Project Management sector of SNC-Lavalin. We plan, design and enable the delivery of complex projects and major programmes across transportation, energy and infrastructure. Primarily made up of Atkins, including Faithful+Gould, we push boundaries and create value as trusted advisors to our clients and partners.
SNCL Atkins currently have an opportunity for Financial Data Analyst.
Vacancy Location is Epsom alternatively can be in Worcester or London
Reporting to the EDPM financial BI manager, this role is key to the daily, weekly and monthly processes of the wider finance team whilst also supporting both internal and external audits and sector level financial analysis. Duties will include:
- Ongoing maintenance of a suite of financial and operational reports using MS Excel and MS Access linked to our main ERP system (JD Edwards) tables.
- Extract and distribute regular financial and operational reports ensuring that quality standards and timescales are met.
- Creation of ad hoc reports as requested by the EDPM financial BI manager to support analysis.
- Support creation and development of replacement suite of financial and operational reports using our Operational Data Store and Enterprise Data Warehouse.
Skills / experience
- Good problem solving skills
- Willingness to work at a detailed level when working with BI data
- Strong systems and excel skills to meet the requirements of the role.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight timescales prioritising responsibilities and processes.
- Experience of handling high volume data and complex numerical reconciliations.
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Access, VBA and PL/SQL essential.
- Experience with Power BI, JD Edwards, Hyperion Financial Management, T-SQL and SSRS preferable.
- Expected to have a degree in accountancy and/or IT with post graduate experience in financial systems or relevant experience.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.