Fire Protection Specialist
Designing for the future is about more than predicting what it looks like. It’s about having the know-how and the expertise to turn predictions into projects that deliver results and meet ever-changing needs. That’s what we do every day: for our clients, for their customers and for the sustainable future of our business and the world we operate in.
Here at SNC-Lavalin’s Ottawa office, we believe in developing our employees to their utmost potential. We promote teamwork and collaboration, which is why our culture speaks for itself; our people are motivated to give their best and have a sense of personal fulfillment. Each member of our team is integral in ensuring a positive work place backed by a company committed to the safety of its employees.
Our once small office has seen exponential and continuous growth since its opening in 2016, going from 3 to over 100 employees! To keep the positive trend going, we are seeking to add another superstar to our team…
The Infrastructure Engineering division is currently looking for a Fire Protection Specialist with a specialization in Business Development for its National Capital Region office. In this dual role, we are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking person who enjoys challenge and actively seeks to develop and improve our business through development.
Fire Alarm Specialist
- Develop preliminary design and engineering specifications for fire alarm and security systems
- Prepare detailed design calculations and layouts
- Investigate and report on building and fire code compliance of new and existing facilities
- Coordinate with other disciplines in planning and executing project tasks
- Developing material takeoffs, cost estimates and proposals
- Ensuring all completed work conforms to contract requirements
- Develop material and provide training on fire alarm and security systems
- Develop and expand in other fire protection engineering service offerings such as fire protection systems
- Build, develop and broaden relationships with existing and new clients.
- Ensure that existing clients are managed to effectively maximize potential future revenues for the National Capital region.
- Research and identify potential new clients to remain focused on business development opportunities.
- Participate in the preparation and execution business development plan, based on corporate goals and planning that systematically sets targets and plans for securing projects.
- Identify and qualify for new opportunities which are aligned to the business strategy and which result in high levels of successful conversion, while delivering key individual objectives.
- Actively participate in the preparation of account plans, proposals, and standing offer agreements
- Manages intelligence collection – gathers client needs and shares requirement with PM and bid team
- Technologist certificate in Fire Protection or related field
- 20+ years of experience in related field
- Ability to cross over multi-disciplinary projects
- Good understanding of fire protection engineering related fields
- Empowerment, leadership and clear direction. Must be an established team player, accountable and able to work under pressure with clear objectives. A flexible and agile approach is required.
- Rationale required to create a compelling and logical process for pursuing work opportunities, with the ability to eliminate distractions of blue-sky prospects.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to develop long term and successful client relationships
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.