General Maintenance Technician
Why join us?
We are currently hiring for a highly motivated, customer service focused General Maintenance Technician to be primarily responsible, but not limited to, maintenance of the building interior finishes such as painting, drywall, flooring, carpentry, etc. Other responsibilities may include effective operation of the mechanical and electrical systems including, but not limited to heating, air conditioning (chillers, cooling towers, pumps etc), ventilation, plumbing, electrical lighting, water treatment, etc.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Maintain and repair all interior finishes, including painting, drywall and vinyl wall coverings.
- Ability to perform minor repairs to flooring, millwork and furniture.
- Perform the scheduled preventive maintenance and general maintenance on the mechanical/electrical systems, HVAC systems and life safety equipment.
- Assist with all other facilities related duties as assigned to ensure business functionality.
- Provide excellent customer service to tenants.
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and practices.
What will you contribute?
- Knowledge in painting, carpentry, drywall, vinyl wall repair, etc.
- Familiarity of mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems for office and warehouse facilities, including BAS/BMS systems would be considered an asset.
- Optional certificate in HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical or another trade would be preferred.
- Ability to make effective technical decisions in emergency situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated with a strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Must be available for on-call rotation to respond to after-hours service requests.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com