Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Miami, FL Geomatics Group as a Geomaticist.
Under supervision, performs entry-level Geomatics work while developing professional proficiency. Performs all aspects of Geomatics including field surveys, raw data reduction, field calculations, CAD drafting, GIS data collection, research, and error analysis.
- Quickly and efficiently determines best course of action for assigned Geomatics field work, establishing a plan of attack and the project specific system for the Geomatics services to be performed, and properly identifying the specific survey equipment to be utilized. This may include GPS, Data Collectors, Robotic Total Stations, Scanners, Laptop Computers, Wireless communication devices, etc.
- Quickly and accurately performs field portion of task using available equipment and personnel. This may include construction staking, asbuilts, topographic, hydrographic, utility, property, etc.
- Reduces and analyzes relevant raw data on site using applicable software such as a least squares based program.
- Utilizes CAD software to prepare or adjust maps and drawings on site when applicable.
- Makes on site calculations when applicable using applicable COGO packages in the data collector software or laptop.
- Performs any other necessary and/or applicable research while in project vicinity.
- Utilizes GIS software to collect data, attribute features, and produce maps while on site.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Geomatics, Engineering, Land Surveying or related discipline. Must be proficient with survey calculations, CAD, and GIS.
- Math/trigonometry computation ability; knowledge of CAD software; knowledge of ArcGIS; good communications skills (verbal and written, including technical writing); analytical ability; proactive attitude; ability to innovate and improvise.
- Ability to make logical on the fly decisions based on a Geomatics background.
- Ability to operate as a one person field unit.
- Ability to operate field equipment, calculator, computer, CAD based software, and GIS based software.
- Ability to interpret legal descriptions and field notes.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings, make recommendations, and work with people.
- Ability to compose clear and concise reports and legal descriptions.
- LSIT preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.