Geomatics and Geospatial Graduate Scheme (2020)
Geomatics and Geospatial Graduate Scheme (2020)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As a Geomatic and Geospatial Graduate on our prestigious 3-year programme you will be working across mission critical industries, to contribute to the security and resilience of the nation, or to exploit advanced technology to help clients to not only meet but embrace these exciting times. Working with leading names to transform the future of aerospace engineering and create lighter, quieter and more fuel-efficient aircraft. The security team is trusted by organisations to help them understand the threats they are facing and develop the strategies to counter them.
At Atkins we offer a world of opportunities from the projects you’ll work on to the directions you can take your career. Whilst our continuous mentoring, on the job learning and training will help you achieve professional registration and develop industry skills that are highly sought after
Brilliant minds. World-changing ideas. We’re one of the world’s most prestigious consultancies. With the Atkins Graduate Development Programme, you’re in great company.
Where could I work?
As a recent graduate within Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T) you could find yourself in one of the following locations;
A part of one of our two teams;
Geospatial Analysis - This role is now closed.
Degree Requirements: Achieved or predicted 2:1 or above Bachelors in Geomatics, Surveying & Land, Surveying & Mapping Science.
Within Atkins Geomatics we collect raw geospatial data using a wide variety of traditional and leading-edge surveying and remote sensing technologies including UAVs, LiDAR and photogrammetry. We provide Geomatics services to small, medium and large projects from geodetic control survey, traditional ground survey, LiDAR/Laser Scanning survey (static, mobile and aerial), aerial photogrammetric survey (manned and unmanned) and all aspects of data processing.
Our drive is to define innovative solutions in order to provide the highest quality 3D survey and mapping data products to our clients’ requirements. Our success lies in our experience across a wide range of data capture techniques and collaborative approach to defining the most appropriate survey methodology, working in partnership with disciplines from across the Atkins.
The role of a Geomatics Graduate is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to gain experience in implementing survey solutions across disciplines. You will be involved in:
• Projects where we are advising internal and external clients on the best approach to take
• Delivering surveys for a wide range of data capture requirements
• Large aerial surveys of existing or for new infrastructure, UAV surveys, smaller as-built surveys for BIM modelling.
• Tasks could include: measuring photo control, laser scanning, post processing of aerial, UAV and laser scanning datasets, production and QA of deliverables including basic CAD outputs, orthophoto, ground models, 3D meshes, BIM models and visualisations.
• Data creation, collection and validation
• Information management
• Spatial analyses
• GIS web map creation and management
• Map production
There is an increasing overlap between Geomatics and the wider Geospatial team of which we are part, meaning there will be opportunities to work in a GIS environment and software. Collaboration is the key in Atkins and this means that you might be required to visit our Bangalore GIS team, spend time in the Middle East or work with our new Atkins North America business in the United States.
In order to be exposed to wider opportunities and gain a broader outlook of our work, you will be positively encouraged to work on a range of projects and in a variety of roles over the first three-year period.
What are we looking for?
• Passion and understanding for working in a consultancy environment, with the ability to work with clients and internal stakeholders
• Drive and determination to achieve Chartered status
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills, with the confidence to work on your own initiative or as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
• An interest in developing digital and technology-based solutions
• A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad
What are the benefits and rewards?
How do I apply?
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunity employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on 0121 483 5089 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our deadline for applications is Friday 31st January 2020. However, due to the popularity of our programmes, some of our roles will close earlier than others. To avoid disappointment, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
NB: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs