Geomatics Lead (Land and Aerial)
Geomatics Lead (Land and Aerial)
Leading the edge of transformation.
You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life.
We are looking for a dynamic, growth focused geomatics manager with broad ranging business experience to lead our national Geomatics Team (land and aerial survey), which is part of our 80 strong Geospatial team.
You will be leading the team, helping to build a new value-added service that is driving innovation in the procurement and delivery of surveys upon which multi-dimensional design models can be developed and ensuring that the right processes are in place to enable delivery.
Our current workload includes a portfolio of diverse projects across a wide spectrum of sectors, principally highway and rail infrastructure, along with Energy, Water & Environment, Urban development.
You will be expected to help drive change to provide a world class and fully integrated team and manage the day to day operations of the Team.
This role will be based in our Chelmsford, Croydon or Bristol office but will manage the Team across multiple offices. It will require travel to multiple Atkins / Client locations and sites throughout the UK as necessary.
- Provide business leadership to identify and realise strategic opportunities which will drive growth in the team.
- Provide line management supervision, oversee career & talent development for the team.
- Liaise with the Market/client teams to establish resource demand based on pipeline of opportunities and allocate resources accordingly.
- Manage team performance with focus on meeting or exceeding productivity and break-even targets and controlling overheads to budget.
- Work with the Practice Manager to ensure skills and capacity meet the needs of the target markets through recruitment and focused staff development.
- Act as a Project Director / Project Manager as appropriate and undertake technical delivery.
- Act as a Bid Director as appropriate for Geomatics Practice led projects and bids.
- Responsible for helping to develop and implement a change management plan to develop a forward thinking and agile service.
- Ensure compliance with the Business Management processes & procedures and manage business risk.
- Promote and champion technological innovation and development within the team.
What you can bring?
Proven competency, experience and success in most of the following;
- Demonstrable leadership experience of managing a successful Geomatics business delivering services for a range of clients.
- Proven ability to help identify and capitalise on business development opportunities, including the provision of fee estimates and developing technical/quality submissions as part of a tender process.
- An expert understanding of Geomatics/survey techniques and workflows.
- Proven ability and experience in applying business policies, quality and environmental management systems, project governance procedures and financial control systems to team management, projects and project portfolios.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs