Empowering projects in a complex world.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Atkins Geomatics use advanced technology to transform the raw survey data gathered from site into powerful decision-making tools. We offer a comprehensive range of survey and mapping services, from small scale ground-based survey to wide-area aerial 3D mapping.
Our team works closely with clients to identify a data collection method that meets their project and cost requirements, and to deliver the insight they need; whether that be to inform the design of a new development, optimise the route of new infrastructure or update existing building or site records for asset management purposes.
The role of Geomatics Surveyor is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in a wide range surveys using different techniques in a variety of sectors.
You would be carrying out the following:
- Acquisition of Survey data.
- Plan, organise, direct and control a survey from initial client request to client delivery.
- Prepare relevant safety paperwork i.e. Method statements, Risk Assessments, Work Package Plans, Task Briefing sheets as required.
- Process survey data using SCC, Cyclone, Topodot, Infinity and Starnet software.
- Produce digital drawings, 3D models, gauging sheets and SC0 data files for input to Clearoute.
- Undertake self-checking and checking of surveys for others.
- Produce a variety of survey reports to client requirements.
- Deliver data to the client.
- Compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Keeping abreast of current survey practise and development.
What you can bring?
You should :
- Have a degree/HNC/HND or equivalent in a surveying science.
- Be competent in the use of surveying equipment including Leica Total stations, Digital Levels, GNNS receivers & Laser Scanners, Platform Gauge, Abtus Route Scan/Laser Sweep and AmbergGRP3000/5000.
- Be competent in processing survey data using industry standard software packages.
- Be competent in use of Bentley MicroStation or AutoCAD.
- Have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Be a team player and be able to work collaboratively.
- Be able to show initiative and a desire to innovate.
- Have a flexible approach to site work including a willingness to undertake surveys at times when access to assets is possible, including night shifts and weekend working, and staying away from home.
- Be committed to working toward RICS/CICES Membership.
- Hold a full U.K. driving licence.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs