As part of the Atkins Geomatics Practice you may be based in Swindon. You will conduct surveys in a variety of survey and mapping activities. The work involves measuring and collecting data on specific areas of land, buildings and features, both natural and man-made. In addition to the fieldwork, you will also be involved processing in office environments.
Experience as a Surveyor or Assistant Surveyor in the Geomatics field.
- Degree/HNC/HND or equivalent in a surveying science.
- Competent in the use of surveying equipment including Robotic Total Stations, Laser Scanners, GNSS receivers, Digital levels.
- Competent in processing survey data using industry standard software packages.
- Competent in use of Bentley MicroStation or AutoCAD.
- An excellent attention to detail
- A flexible approach to site work including a willingness to undertake surveys at times when access to assets is possible, including night shifts and weekend working.
- A full U.K. driving licence.
- Experience of leading a survey team undertaking field work.
- Experience in highway surveys or railway permanent way surveys.
- Experience in structure gauging including use of equipment such as Versine kit, Cant gauge, Platform Gauge, Abtus Route Scan, Laser sweep, Amberg GRP3000/5000. Knowledge of use of Clearoute and/or Balfour Beatty structure editor.
- Experience in Utility surveys including use of GPR equipment.
- Hold relevant site safety certification for access to the railway, including Network Rail PTS. Hold or working towards Network Rail COSS/SWL1.
- Hold Highways England Passport.
- Experience in the use of AUV(Drones).
- Experience in Digital Image Correlation.
- CSCS card.
- Acquisition of Survey data.
- Plan, organise, direct and control a survey from initial client request to client delivery.
- Prepare relevant safety paperwork i.e. Method statements, Risk Assessments, Work Package Plans, Task Briefing sheets as required.
- Plan and organise all site access permissions needs.
- Undertake and supervise sitework using Trimble / Leica Total stations, Leica Digital Levels, Leica GNNS receivers, Leica Laser Scanners, Platform Gauge, Abtus Route Scan/Laser Sweep and AmbergGRP3000/5000.
- Process survey data using SCC, Bentley MX, Cyclone, Topodot, Infinity and Starnet software.
- Produce digital 3d models.
- Produce digital drawings using Bentley MicroStation or AutoCAD.
- Prepare Gauging sheets and SC0 data files for input to Clearoute.
- Undertake self-checking and checking of surveys for others.
- Produce a variety of survey reports to client requirements.
- Deliver data to the client.
- Compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Keep abreast of current survey practise and development.
- Conscientious team player.
- Professional manner.
- Ability to show initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- A clear and thorough communication style.
- Should be committed to working towards RICS/CICES membership.
- Much of the work is based on site therefore the applicant must be comfortable with working outdoors in all weather conditions. There will also be early morning starts, weekend and night working and the work may at times require staying away from home.
Flexible Benefits and Training
The health and wellbeing of our staff is paramount, and as such Atkins offers a wide range of flexible benefits for all employees. Benefits include flexible holiday packages, bike4work, corporate gym membership and health insurance discounts and 24h access to our Employee Assistance Programme for confidential support on both personal and work-related issues.
Flexible and part-time working is also a key part of Atkins approach to health and wellbeing, and as such applicants are welcome to discuss their specific working requirements if invited for interview. Full details of our benefits package can be found here:
We develop our individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through annual and mid-year appraisals, supplemented by regular 1-2-1s with line managers. Professional accreditation is also highly valued by our business, and as such when applicable you will be supported through your specific accreditation process by an appropriate mentor.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
Our Latest Articles