We have an opportunity for a Geotechnical Assistant to assist our Ground Engineering team with the delivery of a range of projects.
As one of the UK’s leading geotechnical consultancies Atkins offers a comprehensive service in ground technology. With more than 250 professionals, Atkins’ geotechnical reputation is built on the skills, excellence and commitment of our people in all aspects of geotechnical engineering.
Atkins has an impressive current portfolio of prestigious geotechnical projects in the UK and internationally. We need to increase our resources to meet the growing demands from our clients, especially in the infrastructure sector (particularly rail, highways & water) and the energy sector, which includes carbon capture & storage, renewable energy (wind, current and hydro-power), low carbon engineering, offshore and onshore oil & gas and nuclear power.
The successful candidates will satisfy the following requirements:
- Talented graduates with a 2.1 degree or above in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or equivalent - accredited by the appropriate institution
- Ideally a specialist Masters in Soil Mechanics, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or a related subject
- Confident working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams
- A good communicator who can collaborate with a variety of colleagues and become a trusted client adviser
- Someone who can analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions in a competitive and commercial environment
- Keen attention to detail and the drive to keep on learning.
- Good communication skills to deal effectively with a wide range of people at various levels of seniority
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Team player
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to take tasks through to completion
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.