Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist – Cambridge
As one of the UK’s leading geotechnical consultancies Atkins offers a comprehensive service in ground engineering. With more than 250 professionals, Atkins’ geotechnical reputation is built on the skills, excellence and commitment of our people in all aspects of geotechnical engineering.
Atkins has an impressive current portfolio of prestigious geotechnical projects in the UK and internationally. We need to increase our resources to meet the growing demands from our infrastructure and energy clients.
This is a great opportunity for a geotechnical engineer looking to further develop their career with an industry leading geotechnical team, who have an ethos of developing its staff to their full potential through a comprehensive training and development programme.
- The successful applicant will have a degree in civil engineering or geology preferably with a post graduate qualification in a geotechnical subject (ideally MSc or equivalent).
- Member of an appropriate professional organisation and be at or working towards becoming chartered.
- Proven experience of acting as a geotechnical engineer in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
- A capable geotechnical engineer with strong desk study and design ability.
- Excellent interpersonal, technical and digital skills.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
- A flair for innovation.
- UK driving licence essential.
- A willingness to travel on assignments both within the UK and overseas.
The learning and development experience in our ground engineering team is different to that at most other companies. Here we thoroughly recognise the importance of our people and we invest for the long term to provide them with the technical, commercial and managerial expertise they need throughout their career. At Atkins our staff continue to learn and develop irrespective of position or experience.
Our investment includes our acclaimed technical conferences, regular presentations and discussion groups, field trips, bespoke training courses as well as active on the job mentoring. We also have our Ground Engineering Academy to provide structured support and encouragement to staff in their progression to chartership. Fulfilling learning and development experiences include the opportunity for international assignments in a variety of countries.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.