Why join us?
We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer with project management and supervisory experience to join the team in Fort St. John.
Reporting to the Director of Geoscience and Materials unit in B.C., the successful candidate will be responsible for geotechnical engineering consulting including direct client relations and business development, preparation of proposals, technical reports, field work, managing projects and budgets and invoices, as well as guidance and mentoring of junior staff. The position requires direct involvement in projects varying in size from $1,000 to over $100,000, client interaction and business development.
Your experience shall demonstrate leadership experience as well as a commitment to excellent health & safety practices. SNC-Lavalin requires you to have high levels of ethics, integrity and commitment to diversity and inclusiveness. You shall possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven technical report writing skills, and as well as being organized and detail oriented.
You will demonstrate an ability to motivate yourself in the absence of day to day direct supervision, setting and prioritizing tasks. You must have the ability to apply the ideas of other professionals in your field as well as making suggestions to improve the quality of others’ work
How will you contribute to the team?
- Act as technical resource for the geotechnical discipline on SNC-Lavalin projects.
- Lead/manage geotechnical investigations and assessments.
- Conduct geotechnical field investigations and monitoring of construction activities.
- Analyze and prepare recommendations and reports for projects relating to foundation design, slope stability, road structure design, dikes and dams, materials testing, and other geotechnical related projects.
- Write proposals.
- Assist in managing nuclear densometer safety program and the CCIL laboratory soil and concrete certification.
- Partner with SNC-Lavalin’s environmental team colleagues in Fort St. John to work on each other’s projects and cross-sell services.
- Contribute to the development of complex project proposals/cost estimates and participate in the process of securing new business opportunities or expanding the scope of existing projects.
- Develop and manage relationships with clients, SNC-Lavalin divisional personnel, field personnel, government and regulatory agencies and expand internal network.
- Provide practical and economic solutions to clients, on demand and on the spot.
Provide technical expertise and/or direction, and act as a technical advisor to project teams and/or other technical staff within the organization as well as directly with internal and external clients.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Ensure proper implementation and continued use of safety and quality assurance programs and corporate policies and procedures.
- Participate in and execute project management, cost management, invoice payment, and client billing.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Geotechnical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience, since graduation, in providing practical geotechnical engineering related services.
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with APEGBC if not already registered.
- Proven organizational, team-building, technical, report writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Canadian driver’s licence with a clean drivers abstract.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs