This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
The Sustainable Mine Development division is currently seeking applications to fill an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer position in its Toronto and Sudbury offices.
The Engineer will participate in multidisciplinary teams to design civil engineering works related to the management of mine tailings. Working closely with senior engineers and supported by junior engineers and technicians, the Engineer will be involved in all stages of the design of structures, from concept to construction. The tasks also include tailings dam inspections, dam safety reviews, and other studies related to the design and behaviour of tailings facilities.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Participate in the design of tailings dams;
- Participate in the preparation of technical plans and specifications;
- Participate in the investigations and studies on potential location of tailings dam sites;
- Participate in project meetings for aspects related to the geotechnical discipline;
- Participate in the preparation of service proposals;
- Participate in the training of junior engineers.
What will you contribute?
- Degree in geotechnical engineering, geological engineering, geo-environmental engineering or other related fields;
- Registered as Professional Engineer Ontario;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the design of dikes and dams;
- Fluency in English, Spanish would be asset;
- Knowledge of slope stability, flow and stress-strain software (e.g. GeoStudio, FLAC, Plaxis, etc.)
- Experience in dynamic and seismic analysis;
- Excellent communication skills;
- The candidate must possess a demonstrated capacity for team-work within multidisciplinary engineering teams composed mainly of geotechnical engineers, hydrologists, hydrogeologists and environmental specialist;
- Experience in the mining industry is an asset.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 2 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com