Geotechnical Engineering Co-op Student (G&M)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with one of the leading consulting firms in the Prairies and this opportunity will give you the chance to go further in your career.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Systems Engineering Student to join the team in May 2020 for a 4 or 8-month term based from either our Regina or Saskatoon office locations.
This position will involve working with an Intermediate/Senior Geotechnical Engineer on a variety of office projects, construction projects and field investigations. The Co-op Student will be mentored by a Professional Engineer.
- Entering data and participating on various design projects
- Participating in field investigations which may include drilling, slope stability, risk assessment and instrumentation installation
- Conducting soil, concrete and asphalt tests in the field and/or laboratory environment
- Topographic or constructions surveying with GPS survey equipment
- Developing reports for site investigations and constructions projects
- Must be currently enrolled in an a Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma program in Engineering or Geology, ideally in 3rd or 4th year
- Valid driver’s license
- A solid understanding of MS Office
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and travel throughout Saskatchewan and Alberta
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a team
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and a high level of energy
- Previous work experience in an engineering capacity is an asset
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or and other characteristics protected by law.
Local Candidates will be preferred, and no relocation package will be offered.
While SNC-Lavalin would like to thank all those that apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.