Geotechnical Engineering Intern (G&M)
Why join us?
This 12-16-month intern position is based out of our office in Regina or Saskatoon and reports to the Manager of Geosciences & Materials. It will involve working with an Intermediate/Senior Geotechnical Engineer on a variety of office projects, construction projects, and field investigations. The intern will be mentored by a Professional Engineer.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Entering data and participating on various design projects
- Participating in field investigations which may include drilling, slope stability, risk assessment and instrumentation installation
- Conducting soil, concrete and asphalt tests in the field and/or laboratory environment
- Topographic or constructions surveying with GPS survey equipment
- Developing reports for site investigations and constructions projects
What will you contribute?
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Civil or Geotechnical Engineering program
- 3rd or 4th year students preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- A solid understanding of MS Office
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and travel throughout Saskatchewan and Alberta
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a team
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and a high level of energy
- Previous work experience in an engineering capacity is an asset
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com