Geotechnical Engineering Intern
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineering Intern to join the team in May 2020 for an 8 or 16-month term in either Saskatoon or Regina.
In this position, you will work with an intermediate/senior Geotechnical Engineer on a variety of office projects, construction projects and field investigations. In addition, you will be mentored by a Professional Engineer.
- Entering data and participating on various design projects
- Participating in field investigations which may include drilling, slope stability, risk assessment and instrumentation installation
- Conducting soil, concrete and asphalt tests in the field and/or laboratory environment
- Topographic or constructions surveying with GPS survey equipment
- Developing reports for site investigations and constructions projects
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Civil or Geotechnical Engineering program
- 3rd or 4th year students preferred
- Previous experience in a geotechnical engineering environment is an asset
- A solid understanding of MS Office
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and travel throughout Saskatchewan and Alberta
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a team
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and a high level of energy
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract required
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our commitment to excellence extends to our workplace where we offer a flexible work environment, competitive compensation, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development and the opportunity to work with and learn from senior technical experts and professionals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or and other characteristics protected by law.
Local Candidates will be preferred and no relocation package will be offered.
While SNC-Lavalin would like to thank all those that apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.