At Global Design Center (GDC), Bengaluru, we are looking for motivated, experienced individuals who can be part of the GDC GIS team. The role – GIS Analyst, is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right person to gain experience in GIS analysis and implementing GIS solutions across multiple disciplines and through all parts of a project’s life cycle. Project managing candidate responsible for GIS analysis projects across engineering disciplines. Whether it is basic constraints mapping for our environment teams, maintaining a web GIS, managing a large-scale data capture project or working on a High-Speed Rail / Highways or other Infrastructure projects.
The GIS Analyst role is varied with requirements changing month on month. Individuals who have been part of teams with ownership of the delivery of projects are preferred. Knowledge and hands on experience of Quality, resource, project, process management is a pre-requisite for the position. This role will suit an individual who has experience of GIS in engineering and environmental projects.
- Work experience in an International office, delivering GIS, and GIS assisted Engineering / Asset projects.
- Exposure to Quality Standards, eg: PAS 1192. etc, Global Best Practices
- Have appreciation of the issues of, and solutions to, managing remote clients.
- Proven experience of delivering to deadlines within pressurised environments.
- Ability to effectively sell the benefits of GIS to potential clients and generate business leads.
- Ability to prepare documents, support Bids, methodology writing and effort estimations.
- Excellent presentation skills and Enthusiastic about the benefits that GIS can provide.
- Prepared to work overseas, on secondment on need basis.
- Providing GIS support within a range of projects.
- Introducing innovation and spatial solutions to projects.
- Relevant tertiary qualification and industry experience in a GIS discipline.
- Practical experience in editing and digitising GIS data.
- Ability to provide thought leadership, critical thinking, appreciative enquiry.
- Relevant ArcGIS experience with use of extension software such as spatial analyst, 3D analyst, network analyst, data interoperability.
- Exposure to BIM concepts, CDE Common Data Environment and GIS.
- Design, production and revision of cartographic outputs.
- Hands on experience of using CAD derived data within a GIS environment.
- Demonstrable experience of creating work benches in FME.
- Creation, maintenance and management of spatial data.
- Analysing, interpreting and presenting geospatial data.
- Experience with working and controlling many evolving datasets.
- Good knowledge of FME, Autodesk Studio, Microstation V8i, Bentley Products, Revit, C3D, Infraworks, City Engine, Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Able to prepare Management reports and reporting as per the needs of the MIS (Management Information Systems).
- Using Python to automate project workflows.
- FME, Python/ Matlab, GDAL,HTML scripting and other automation tool development.
- Deploying ArcGIS Online applications.
- Deploying ArcGIS Collector and other mobile GIS applications
- Sound deployment of ArcGIS Online and Collector Applications experience with mobile GIS solutions
- Experience working with various ESRI API’s such as Arcpy, Web API’s and ArcGIS Python API to automate workflows and data migration
- Experience working with enterprise databases such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Thorough knowledge and experience in process mapping