Do you have the next big idea in GIS? Join our geospatial team to put your ideas into practice on some of the world’s most complex projects, from road and rail to renewables and nuclear energy. Our team thrives on innovation and taking data to the next level – and we have the awards to prove it. We’re looking for people who combine technical excellence with forward thinking and client focus, and can thrive in a consultancy environment. If you’re passionate about how geospatial solutions can solve real world problems, this is the team for you.
The role of GIS Analyst is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right person to gain experience implementing GIS solutions across multiple disciplines and through all parts of a project’s life cycle. The successful candidate will work out of our Glasgow office. This position would suit someone who has experience of providing FME, Python and ArcGIS solutions in project environments.
- Either a degree qualification in GIS or a related field and more than two years work experience, or 8 years’ experience using GIS software
- Experience using ArcGIS 10x and its extensions, including ArcPro
- Experience of providing GIS support in project focused environments with internal clients
- Proven experience of delivering high quality outputs to deadlines within pressurised environments
- Demonstrate experience of using workflows to automate processes in either FME or Python
- Demonstrate knowledge or hands-on experience of Web Mapping applications
- Experience using or administering Mobile data collection apps
- Able to communicate the benefits of GIS internally
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Holds or is able to attain security clearance
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy
- Experience with working / controlling a large number of evolving datasets
- Hands on experience of using CAD derived data within a GIS environment
- Experience of providing information management advice or solutions to multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience of GeoServer and GeoNetwork
- Experience of PostGres/PostGIS
- Work as an effective member of a GIS project team on high profile infrastructure projects.
- Key contact for GIS data capture, cartography, analysis and modelling within Atkins
- Communicate the benefits of GIS in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Provide GIS technical support on projects (both internal to Atkins and externally direct with clients) to various disciplines from around Atkins
- Identify and develop small business opportunities by providing client focused GIS solutions
Why work for Atkins?
With Atkins you will be in a trusted, supported position, primarily client based, where you are able to apply both existing skills and develop new skills in complex and challenging situations. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience plus learn from others within the team and you will have opportunities to become a mature, established and multi-skilled consultant.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
Atkins is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.