We are hiring! Atkins seeks a GIS Analyst to join our Guaynabo, Puerto Rico office. This role will perform standard geographic information system (GIS) work while developing professional proficiency. Work may be related to land utilization, urban development, transportation or environmental projects including hazard mitigation.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Generally, applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of somewhat diversified GIS tasks requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning.
- Able to detect problems in using standardized procedures due to changes in client needs or project direction.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or B.A. in Geography, Computer Science or related GIS Environmental Discipline, commensurate with hiring discipline. Minimal experience is required of incumbents with directly related Bachelor's Degree; no experience required with a Master's degree.
- Good interpersonal and computer skills and capable of developing technical writing and communication skills. Familiarity with GIS technology and software packages preferred. Experience performing special analysis involving Natural Hazards.
- GISP is a plus but not required
- Experience in the Planning discipline is a plus but not required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs