This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL Data Transfer Solutions Group as a Sr. GIS Analyst.
Under supervision, performs standard geographic information system (GIS) work while developing professional proficiency.
- Generally, applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of somewhat diversified. GIS tasks requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning. Can detect problems in using standardized procedures due to changes in client needs or project direction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.A. or B.S. or M.S. in Geography, computer science, or GIS-related environmental discipline commensurate with hiring discipline. This level may be achieved by GIS practitioners with 4 years of experience since Bachelor's degree or 2 years since Master's. Typical incumbent has 6 -7 years experience
- 2+ years of related work experience or a Master’s degree in a related field
- Proficiency with latest versions of ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS for Server
- Competency with ArcPy API
- Experience with Python, SQL, ModelBuilder, ArcSDE
- Demonstrated ability to publish and manage map, feature and geoprocessing services using ArcCatalog and ArcGIS Server Manager
- Interest in solving spatial problems using python scripts, models, etc
- Python scripting
- Strong math skills
- Solid data management skills
- Exceptional leadership and problem-solving skills
- Proven resourcefulness
- GISP Preferred
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.