Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Guaynabo, Puerto Rico Office as a GIS Analyst.
Under supervision, performs standard geographic information system (GIS) work while developing professional proficiency. Work may be related to land utilization, urban development, transportation or environmental projects including hazard mitigation.
- Generally applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of somewhat diversified GIS tasks requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning.
- Is able to detect problems in using standardized procedures due to changes in client needs or project direction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or B.A. in Geography, Computer Science or related GIS Environmental Discipline, commensurate with hiring discipline. Minimal experience is required of incumbents with directly related Bachelor's Degree; no experience required with a Master's degree.
- Good interpersonal and computer skills and capable of developing technical writing and communication skills. Familiarity with GIS technology and software packages preferred. Expereience performing special analysis involving Natural Hazards.
- GISP is a plus but not required
- Experience in the Planning discipline is a plus but not required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles