GIS Software Developer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our New York City, New York Technology Group as a GIS Software Developer.
Applies professional proficiency in the development of custom software applications and the coordination of related activities in support of projects that meet clients' software development needs. At this level, works under supervision on assignments that have clear and specified objectives. Candidate will be focused on GIS development.
- Participates in client needs analyses.
- Develops customized applications by writing well-documented code in the applicable environment to meet documented software requirements.
- May participate in collection, conversion, and assembly of data in a variety of formats.
- May participate in documentation and diagramming of business and technical requirements.
- May participate in database/application design.
- Performs maintenance tasks on existing projects following the project’s established architecture/design.
- Prepares data documentation for projects, following prescribed Best Practices.
- Maintains continued knowledge of technology developments in the field and use of applicable programming languages.
- Monitors quality control within area of responsibility.
- Manages commitments to complete tasks within given schedule and budget.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or B.A in Computer Science, Geography with a focus on GIS, IT-related discipline, or four years’ relevant computer programming experience after degrees in Engineering, or other related disciplines. This level may be achieved by practitioners with 2 years of experience since related Bachelor's degree; minimal experience required with related Master's degree if academic program provided opportunity to develop software development experience directly applicable to job. Non-degreed practitioners must demonstrate at least six years of direct experience in lieu of degree. Typical incumbent has 4-6 years' experience.
- Should have good interpersonal, technical writing and communications skills.
- GIS development experience required.
- Knowledge of Portal for ArcGIS a plus.
- Experience with Xamarin, Android or iOS a plus.
- GISP certification a plus.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Knowledge of Infor EAM Desired.
- Knowledge of Bentley software a plus.
- Job requires ability to access and understand technology materials and ability to operate computer keyboard. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Incumbent must be able and willing to deal with interruptions in current work in progress to handle priority jobs. Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.