This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Do you have the drive, skills and ability to work with us as a Assistant Engineer, helping shape the future of Atkins’ rivers, dams and maritime business? Following our success with the Environment Agency's Collaborative Delivery Framework, the role will involve working with a respected technical team and working collaboratively to both secure and deliver work across the client portfolio in the South West.
In the Rivers, Dams and Maritime practice, our work centres around water and its journey from source to sea. We combine enthusiasm and passion with our technical expertise to solve complex engineering challenges that improve the world we live in. Our typical projects include river and coastal flood defence works, dams and reservoir remedial works and sea ports. We work on projects throughout their life cycle, from condition assessments and feasibility studies through to design and construction.
We enjoy successful partnerships with our clients, other consultants and contractors from the private and public sector, delivering high profile infrastructure projects. Our collaborative approach ensures the projects we deliver meet our client’s needs in a sensitive and sustainable way. We embrace new technologies to design innovative outcomes that complement the environment and communities in which they reside; locally, nationally and globally.
Our talented, award-winning team come from diverse backgrounds and have wide-ranging experience, which enables us to deliver a broad variety of projects. As a member of our team, you will work on this diverse range of opportunities that will allow you to share and broaden your skills and knowledge within an agile, digital environment. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to experience new challenges and design for the future. We offer a balanced career which will provide flexibility around your personal life, empowering you to progress and achieve your personal aspirations. Your story starts here.
- Degree in civil or structural engineering, or similar (MSc level being advantageous).
- Working familiarity with relevant technical Codes of Practice and industry Standards.
- Good understanding of BIM.
- Have a valid UK driving licence and be available to travel.
- Producing project calculations, drawings and documents (specification, reports, technical notes etc).
- Assist in the preparation of bids to commercial and competitive standards.
- Take ownership for the quality of project work to meet agreed standards and specifications.
- Liaise with and support others across the wider UK and international markets.
- Agile and self-motivated towards improving personal performance.
- Able to generate innovative outcomes to challenges.
- Proactive individual who can work collaboratively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.