Graduate Engineering Geologist/ Geotechnical Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
- Perform tasks assigned independently with minimum guidance from the seniors in the discipline.
- Be excellent communicators and maintain the ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Be proficient in site investigation data manipulation, interpretation and evaluation of geohazards and risks.
- Develop idealised geological cross-sections based on an understanding of site history, evaluation and interpretation.
- Managing one’s own time and time of others reporting to them.
- Responsible for compliance with Atkins QA/QC procedures and implementation of procedures.
- Keep abreast of latest trends and technologies related to engineering geology.
- The drive and self-motivation to achieve chartered status and to continuously develop your technical & behavioural skills.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions.
- Able to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements.
- Engineering Geologist: Bachelor’s degree in Geology from a recognised Institute and a Masters in Engineering Geology or equivalent.
- Geotechnical Engineer: Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised Institute and MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent
- Have an understanding of geological processes and how they impact major construction activities.
- Experience of working on international standards is an added advantage.
- Graduate membership of institutes such as GeolSoc and working towards chartership.
- Shall possess valid passport and full driving licence.
- A competitive salary
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultant