Graduate Environmental Consultant
Graduate Environmental Consultant
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Have demonstrable ability to effectively communicate environmental and heritage issues, approaches and solutions pragmatically with project managers, engineers, and designers.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and experience working collaboratively with a range of technical specialists at different levels.
- Be highly self-motivated, possessing strong enthusiasm and commitment to delivering sustainable outcomes.
- Be confident and possess excellent communication skills.
- Be able to prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
- Have strong report writing, verbal and presentation skills.
- Have experience/knowledge of UK environmental regulations, guidance and standards, and a broad understanding of key technical specialists underpinning infrastructure sustainability. Knowledge of international regulatory frameworks, guidance and standards would be an advantage.
- Ideally understand heritage and conservation, and a keen interest to develop skills in the field.
- Have ability to delineate scope of work at micro-level and help in preparing techno-commercial offers.
What will you contribute?
- The successful candidate will be educated to bachelor’s degree/masters’ level in an environmental management related or engineering discipline and ideally would have 1-2 years’ work experience.
- Supporting the planning and environmental consents teams in the UK – assisting with collating baseline information, inputting into reports, liaising with colleagues to obtain the required information, and input into Environmental Statements, with a heavy focus on highways projects.
- Supporting the planning and environmental consenting team if the workload demands it.
- Check, summarise and present information in a clear and concise way understandable to non-specialists, both verbally and in written format.
- Work as part of a project team to influence project development to deliver optimal outcomes.
- Collate and edit information from a range of sources to provide clear, well written reports.
- Assist with coordination of environmental inputs on major projects.
- An interest in developing technical skills with a view to becoming a member of a relevant professional institute.
- Represent the company and continue to build personal and company reputation.
- Undertake Continual Professional Development in accordance with requirements of chosen professional institute and work towards becoming chartered.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
For more recruitment updates, kindly follow #AtkinsIndiaRecruitment on LinkedIn.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs