Graduate Process Engineer
Graduate Process Engineer
For more than 40 years in Australia, SNC-Lavalin employees have been carving out rewarding careers on award winning projects. We think beyond engineering and push the boundaries of innovation for our clients across all major markets; oil & gas, mining & metallurgy, infrastructure and renewables.
Based in Perth, the Graduate Process Engineer position will work closely with the Process/Process Safety team team to ensure the SNC Lavalin’s reputation for high quality products and services is maintained.
This role requires a high level of technical expertise, alongside the ability to effectively manage client requirements
- Perform all work in accordance with the SNC Lavalin Quality Management and Health, Safety & Security System and within agreed time and schedule constraints.
- Ensure all calculations and design work are prepared in accordance with SNC Lavalin Quality Management System.
- Successful delivery of process engineering design in accordance with the relevant industry codes and standards whilst meeting best engineering practice.
- Participate in HAZOP and LOPA studies as a scribe, recording discussions quickly and accurately.
- The provision of highly professional services tailored to meet the needs of our clients.
What you bring to the team
- Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Solid academic results with a course weighted average above 75%. High scores in Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics are preferred.
- The role requires excellent written and verbal communication, team working and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Process Simulation Software such as HYSYS or PIPESIM.
- Solid understanding of risk management fundamentals is preferred.
- Relevant vacation work e.g. in oil and gas design or operating environment is preferred.
- Membership of Institution of Engineers Australia or Institute of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) would be an advantage.
Why Join our team?
- Our 2021 Graduate Program is designed for students who have recently graduated.
- The Graduate Development Program is a three-year framework, designed to help you grow the skills and knowledge you need to develop your early career and work towards a professional qualification. The program features a series of signature events, core training, professional development, mentoring and on-the-job experience.
What’s included in our three-year program?
- Training in essential skills such as project management, client engagement and report-writing.
- Ongoing encouragement and development support through internal placement opportunities
- A strong graduate community local and internationally
- A company committed to diversity and inclusion
- On-the-job experience working on projects for a range of clients.
- Profession-specific schemes to help you gain Chartership status as an engineer.
- Mentoring and buddy schemes to help you identify and reach your goals.
- Professional review and a career plan review every 12 months.
Graduate Applicants must include a resume, a one (1) page cover letter and your academic transcript
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees think beyond engineering. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction management, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients across the EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear, and Resources businesses.
Our team is a diverse and driven group of individuals with leaders who are committed to the development of each employee. Our portfolio of projects across Australia is diverse, stimulating and continually growing due to our strong client relationships. We are excited about our future, now it’s your turn to be part of something big!
SNC-Lavalin offers a competitive compensation and benefits package with a great team environment. We have in place strong learning and development programs, training and career opportunities to keep you developing.
We’re focused on creating an inclusive, supportive workplace that will enable you to develop and thrive.
Joining today as a career with us opens up a world of possibilities - being part of a global organisation of over 50,000 employees, opportunities await you to collaborate with colleagues on international projects or use your skills and knowledge to create a winning combination for our clients across our other markets.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs