Grid Connection Manager (Senior Engineer)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Grid Connection Manager (Senior Engineer)
Atkins Electrical Networks business are seeking a Grid Connection Manager (Senior Engineer) who thrives on team work and wants to deliver for our clients, for our business and for yourself.
We are looking for someone who has experience of working in the transmission and distribution sector, enjoys a variety of work solving and delivering engineering solutions to our clients and who has a desire to work in the energy sector.
These roles offer significant opportunity for personal development and the opportunity to get involved in some of the most exciting projects. We are seeking people who are keen to develop to their full potential to the mutual benefit of the individual, the team and the company.
The role can be based at our Birmingham, Leeds or Epsom offices but presents the opportunity to join a larger Electrical Networks team distributed across the UK and work with colleagues internationally through our Global Design Centre.
About the Team
As a well-established business, the focus of Atkins Electrical Networks business is building long term relationships with clients in the power sector, of which we hold a number of long term framework contracts through which we deliver our clients work. We provide value-added design and engineering services and built solutions across the entire spectrum of electricity networks from HV transmission grids to LV industrial power distribution and controls. Our clients include UK transmission and distribution companies, renewable technology providers and an increasingly key role in delivering the electrical design aspects of major infrastructure projects.
Working across the transmission and distribution and infrastructure sectors, our work typically spans across techno-economic studies, HV FEED, HV Design, project management and Regulatory and Advisory, supporting our clients in a constantly changing dynamic market.
What you’ll be doing
In the changing energy market, where the network is getting smarter, more efficient and more complex, we are seeking a Grid Connection Manager who can be at the forefront of delivering this work.
Key responsibilities include:
- As a Grid Connection Manager, you will be managing projects related to interaction between users (generators, battery storage, windfarms) and the grid, and ensuring that projects are delivered efficiently (within scope, cost and time).
- Act as the focal point for technical, commercial and regulatory issues surrounding grid compliance, and grid connection for transmission and distribution networks.
- Contributing to our growth strategy by maintaining existing client relationships and developing new ones. You’ll engage with potential new clients and contacts to communicate Atkins’ expertise and lead competitive tenders
- Maintaining an understanding of ongoing developments in the market, including: innovation projects, power system advisory, electrical design (MD&HV) and power system studies.
One of two key aspects of the role will be developing and building relationships with external clients, and another one will be supporting the development of the internal team of engineers. You’ll have the ability and the desire to manage project teams and deliver projects to a high standard. You will be able to work both independently and within the team. If you come from a utility, developer or consultancy background will be an advantage.
You’ll need to have
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualifications and experience
- Working towards or a desire to work towards chartership with the IET
Required experience in a minimum of one of the following areas:
- Technical or techno-economical role in an electrical engineering discipline within
- Transmission or Distribution Network Operator;
- Electricity Systems Operator;
- Generator developer;
- Regulator (Ofgem)
- Business case proposals for investments in the power industry.
- Working with regulatory bodies or internal regulatory teams particularly related to codes and standards investment decision making/submissions.
- Power system simulations (400/275/132/66/33kV).
- Techno-economic analysis.
- Innovation in the energy industry (NIA/NIC).
- TP141 authorised for HV plant or P&C.
Atkins Energy business has been operating in the energy market for over four decades and the pace of change has never been greater than it is now. We are on the brink of a revolution in how the world generates and uses Energy. The possible scenarios of the future energy market will require the smart integration of renewable generation, energy storage, and sustainable demand with a transmission & distribution network that remains robust, flexible and economic to meet this changing landscape.
Our clients include International and UK transmission and distribution companies, manufacturers, renewable technology providers, investors and regulatory bodies, with an increasingly key role in delivering the electrical design aspects of major infrastructure projects and truly ground-breaking international projects.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles