Group Architect - BIM Information Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, member of SNC Lavalin is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplinary technical services to the built environment, Atkins Transport Planning are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices. Consultancy Practice of the Transportation Division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and North America.
Covid -19 Update for India
We’re committed to our vision of People. Drive. Success!
This implies that our Recruitment team would still be actively involved in the hiring and would contact the deserving candidates, once we start proceeding towards normalcy.
The below mentioned jobs, are open to those who wish to take up new assignments, once the pandemic subsides as we pave way for more futuristic openings, spanning our various disciplines/departments.
The applicants are requested to apply to only one relevant job posting as this would enable the recruiters to screen the applications, comprehensively and then get in touch with them.
- Works alongside the Design/Project manager to integrate outcomes and link information delivery with design delivery.
- Works with Clients teams to help facilitate the set up and delivery of programme in accordance with their EIR (if they have one), if no EIR is present and BIM level 2 is mandated- the IM works with Client to advise on key elements of the EIR, however the BEP becomes the effective EIR.
- Sets out the information exchange protocols, focussing on interoperability, programme, QA, frequency, purpose of exchange.
- Ensures information management processes (ISO19650) and collaborative behaviors are fully embraced across the project
- Works with the project team to embed the ethos of BIM delivery, including focused appraisal of teams capability and requirements for training.
- Brings to life the interdependencies of information in design delivery and embodies the contractual deliverables through a structured Master Information Delivery Plan (not just a MODEL information delivery plan)
- Enforce the Project BIM standards for all disciplines and put in place suitable QAQC governance
- Work with the document control and design team to ensure delivery of the information requirements is in line with BEP
- Work with external parties involved in project delivery to ensure information exchange between all parties is planned, structured and well managed
- Maintains the model register and ensure information creation by any party is planned and communicated.
- Must have an engineering or architecture background
- Hands on experience of delivering multi-discipline projects
- Ideally have experience / awareness of BIM software’s, primarily Autodesk & Bentley
- Ideally have experience with developing digital processes and workflows to support project delivery
- Must be well versed in international BIM standards, primarily the UK PAS1192:2 & 3 & (ISO19650)
Qualifications & Attributes
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering / Architecture with minimum 5 years’ experience in design coordination between multiple disciplines.
- Constantly striving towards continuous improvement and innovation.
- Flexible and engaging with resilience, drive and self-motivation
- Ability to exercise initiative and take ownership of project issues
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment but also to work independently and in a client environment
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers
- Highly IT literate with excellent command of standard BIM and office software, knowledge of IT infrastructure and hardware
- Highly process based thinker
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We are an accredited Investor in People and run a Continuous Development Programme.
We in Atkins believe that people matter the most and this belief of ours has led to instilling a culture that embraces people irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Our Latest Articles