Group Engineer - Civil Design
Atkins, member of SNC Lavalin is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design Consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplinary technical services to the built environment, Atkins Transport Planning are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Consultancy Practice of the Transportation Division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and North America.
Covid -19 Update for India
We’re committed to our vision of People. Drive. Success!
This implies that our Recruitment team would still be actively involved in the hiring and would contact the deserving candidates, once we start proceeding towards normalcy.
The below mentioned jobs, are open to those who wish to take up new assignments, once the pandemic subsides as we pave way for more futuristic openings, spanning our various disciplines/departments.
The applicants are requested to apply to only one relevant job posting as this would enable the recruiters to screen the applications, comprehensively and then get in touch with them.
Atkins is the largest engineering and design consultancy in the UK, the largest multidisciplinary consultancy in Europe and one of the largest design firms in the world. Our Water Operations team is one of the largest in the UK. Our clients include high-profile utility companies, local authorities and independent businesses.
Due to expanding workload in the United Kingdom and the Middle East, we have an excellent career development opportunity for an enthusiastic civil engineer to join our Capital Delivery Solutions team in our Global Design Centre in Bengaluru, India
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
Degree in Civil Engineering and Masters degree in Environmental Engineering (preferred)
- 10 to 15 years of experience in the Water & Wastewater Industry.
- Experience of working in the water Industry; civil design of particularly water and wastewater trunk mains, reservoirs, pumping stations, water and wastewater treatment works (One area is essential, 2 or more preferred). UK and USA experience is preferred.
- Experience of detailed design drawings and calculations
- Familiarity with IS/BS Codes of Practice
- Ability to contribute to the project management of detailed design of projects
- Ability to apply, promote/improve quality systems
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel proficient. Basic knowledge on drafting software like AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit, Navisworks
- International experience
- Experience of training and mentoring
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Charterdship
Reporting to the C & S Team Leader, key responsibilities will be:
- Ensure compliance with UK Health & Safety requirements and CDM Regulations and incorporate design for safety
- Ensure compliance with Atkins Quality Management Procedures
- Deliver projects on time and to quality and budget
- Mentoring of Graduate/Assistant Engineers
- Originator of calculations to International codes of practice
- Check and/or review of calculations and drawings
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be highly self-motivated and ambitious
- Be able to work with limited supervision
- Be able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers
- Be able to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Have experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment
- Knowledge in French would be an advantage.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We are an accredited Investor in People and run a Continuous Development Programme.
We in Atkins believe that people matter the most and this belief of ours has led to instilling a culture that embraces people irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.