Group Lead – Nuclear New Build
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Group Lead – Nuclear New Build
Group Leads are fundamental to the success of our business. You’ll always find time for those in your Group and will lead by example, build accountability, capability and ownership – living the SNC-L values and behaviours.
As part of our Power New Build business, our team specialises in taking on the most challenging nuclear engineering projects and opportunities that exist across the board, from technical leadership to project management. With existing relationships with the major operators in the nuclear sector, we offer a stimulating variety of work, within a team which is rapidly developing to meet the challenge of new nuclear build.
Based in Epsom, it is one of our most culturally diverse, with people from all around the world. Whilst your office base will be in Epsom, flexibility in work location is a must – from time to time our clients do call on our team to deliver work from their sites.
In this role you will:
- Provide the group with a clear identity, provide inspiration and win interesting work
- Develop the culture of the group to ensure they are high performing and uphold SNC-L values and behaviours
- Develop and/or recruit the skills and experience that will suit our clients and the wider markets now and in the future within your domain capability
- Adjust the size of the team to support the needs of the new build and wider markets (grow/recruit/retain, export/import talent)
- Set expectations on the value and importance of “good” HSSEQ through proactive engagement with staff and lead by example
- Provide the group with the appropriate level of pastoral care by implementing and maintaining a healthy line management structure
- Develop the client relationships that will win work and ensure the team has delivery focused mindset (everybody sells)
- Collaborate with; other Groups, that offer complementary skills, to increase our ability to deliver; and Technical Lead Group (TLG) and Professional Heads of Desciplines (PHoDs)
- Establish cross-mentoring of staff inside and outside the Group
- Have multi discipline, multi graded staff in your Group and have:
- a number of team leads (number TBA) reporting directly to you
- direct responsibility for development (or oversight of development if more senior) of staff in a manner that balances the right amount of stretch and challenge for the individual with the available business opportunities
- Ensure Housekeeping is undertaken
- Predictions on productivity submitted to appropriate level of accuracy
- Instigate local actions to deal with under-performance and under-utilisation
- Development Objectives submitted to workday
- Monthly Line Management 1-1s happen
- Manage communications for the group
- Staff engaged with myQSSE and AOS
- Timesheets submitted in a timely manner
- Staff up to date with mandatory training
You will report to the Epsom Operational Lead and be part of the Epsom Lead (management) Team.
Atkins support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
Reward & Benefits:
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.