Guideway Service Person Part TIme
The Guideway Serviceperson is responsible for supporting and undertaking Guideway inspection and maintenance activities that are primarily completed during the nightly system closure. Guideway Servicepersons work as part of the Maintenance team in ensuring that the guideway, including trackwork, special trackwork, structures, power rail, drainage systems, and other related structures, are maintained in a safe and serviceable condition. They may also act in a supplementary and support role with other Wayside groups in the maintenance of Power Supply and Distribution systems, Electronic, Vehicle, and/or Building Services systems.
The successful candidate will be part of the BC Government Employees Union (BCGEU).
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform track and guideway inspections, preventive and corrective maintenance tasks, and guideway cleaning activities.
- Obtain Permissions-to-Enter (PTEs), Work Zones, and Proceed clearances and escort various personnel and contractors into ATC territory and restricted areas
- Operate and/or act as Operator Assistant for rail-borne equipment
- Operate company vehicles, track maintenance machinery and various other tools and equipment
- Perform other related tasks as required, such as responding to emergencies and other abnormal guideway situations.
- Assist with the inspection and maintenance of other systems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 Unrestricted BC driver’s license
- Proven hands skills experience demonstrated in a technical trade
- Red Seal certification an asset
- 3 years maintenance or construction experience in an industrial environment
- Railway/Facilities maintenance experience an asset
Any relevant combination of education or experience may be considered
- Must be able to work solid night shifts (2300 – 0500)
- Must be able to work in an outdoor night environment year round
- Must be physically fit and capable of performing heavy work
- Must be able to be assessed and qualify in all PROTRANS BC rules and procedures
Hourly Rate of Pay: $34.81
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.