Guideway Technician Electrical
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Guideway Technician Electrical is responsible for the maintenance, inspection and operation of 26 KV traction power stations, including all power distribution to all stations and the guideway, power rail, electrical equipment, electrical devices, pumps, and control devices to ensure a safe and reliable Canada Line operation.
The successful candidate will be part of the BC Government Employees Union (BCGEU).
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Inspects, maintains and repairs traction power supply and distribution systems and all other related systems and components.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs yard and mainline track, turnouts, expansion joints, switches, switch machines, restraining rails, propulsion rail, guideway structures, drainage, walkways and fences, and all other related systems and components as needed.
- Implements work permits and clearances, and performs the duties of a Person in Charge (PIC) of work zone clearances.
- Operates and maintains cranes and heavy railborne maintenance equipment, following appropriate rules and procedures.
- Completes and enters records of inspections and completed work in compliance with standards and makes recommendations for equipment and procedural changes.
- Assists with equipment failures or emergencies and clearing tracks during severe weather or intrusion on the track, according to procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Red Seal Electrician
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in maintaining electrical power supply and distribution equipment, with high voltage experience and strong trouble-shooting skills, including the ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and diagrams
- Must be capable of maintaining Railborne Equipment Certification
- The role requires shift work for continuous operation based on a seven day week, 24 hour per week, including nights, weekends and holidays.
A combination of experience and education may also be considered.
- A good working knowledge of mechanical equipment including pumps, fans, actuators, pneumatic and hydraulic systems would be advantageous.
- Must be capable of working outside in all weathers.
- Combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Valid class 5 BC driver’s license.
Hourly Rate of Pay: $41.98/hr
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.