HCC Framework Project Manager
Job Location: Three Minsters House, Winchester
Atkins is the lead organisation who provide highway engineering, technical and management services to Hampshire County Council (HCC) to support a wide range of transport schemes.
This is an exciting time, with significant current and planned investment in infrastructure and transport links across Hampshire to improve connectivity and facilitate further economic growth across the region.
Our current strategic partnering contract covers a wide range of services and brings together colleagues from across the Atkins organisation, both in the UK and from our Global Design Centres (GDC) in India. Our expertise in transport planning, highways design and management including scientific and technical services are in high demand and we typically have over 50 people working on this diverse and growing programme at any one time.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to take a hands-on approach in assuring the technical quality and delivery of projects to our client, based in Winchester.
The role will involve engagement with members of our delivery team at all levels and our client stakeholders to ensure we develop and deliver from concept to implementation, across a wide range of small, medium and large projects to meet client expectations.
With your knowledge and experience, you will provide pragmatic guidance to our teams, helping them to develop solutions, assess and manage risks and to give confidence to the client through direct dialogue and support e.g. task development and project progress reviews.
The successful candidate will be responsible for engaging with clients in both the delivery of projects and the development of future work, as well as the mentoring and personal development of team members.
The role will be full time, based in Winchester. It will also require flexibility to travel to other Atkins’ offices where teams may be based, supporting project delivery.
- Providing project management leadership to a portfolio of highways and transport related projects
- Using your expertise to drive excellent delivery performance to achieve outcomes required by the client to time, cost and quality expectations
- Understanding how the client wishes to manage projects and ensuring we are aligned and influencing expectations as required
- Acting as PM on our most significant and challenging projects
- Staying abreast of best practice in Project Management
- Leading on how we manage project risk and reporting for scenarios at various confidence levels
- Instilling discipline in change control and managing expectations in a firm, but client friendly manner
- Working with the client to advise on project challenges and queries
- Developing APMs and others needing to gain e.g. NEC3 experience
- Working with and supporting multi-disciplinary global teams
- Maintaining and developing excellent professional relationships with the client
- Presenting, discussing and managing project performance reviews with clients and key stakeholders in a professional, confident manner
- Building strong client relationships
• Preparing and reviewing project commercial offers for agreement with the client
• Supporting monthly Project Performance reviews, with a focus on project performance generally
• Assisting the Framework Manager, Framework Technical Manager and Workstream Leads to plan delivery and advise on requirements
• Working collaboratively across the Atkins Group to build a sense of project ownership for tasks on the contract
• Qualified and experienced in project management
• Experience in NEC3 PSC Time Charge, Target Price and Lump Sum delivery options
• Experience of working in a construction design environment
• Practiced in supporting the preparation of project briefs, project plans and fee estimates
• Proven ability to keep control in pressured situations, ensuring that we manage how we deliver our work to meet programme
• Ability to maintain project control with client support
• Willingness to work flexibly between Atkins and client offices
• Collaborative approach
• Experience of client engagement and business development
• Positive and practical with experience of managing resources, mentoring staff and inspiring multidisciplinary teams.
• Experience of delivering highway works contracts
We are seeking someone with the following attributes:
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing
• A hard working, self- motivated and flexible individual, who is a team player, reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to challenging timescales
• Ability to build and motivate a team and demonstrate leadership
• Set high standards of performance for themselves and other members of the team
• Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills
• A supportive approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team.
• Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with both internal and external clients
• Commercial acumen
• Holds a valid UK driving licence
Connecting countries, cities and communities, our Transportation team works on some of the most challenging projects of our time. Helping people to travel reliably and more efficiently, we transform rail and highway infrastructure. So, get on board and play a big part in our success.
We’ll value you for going that extra mile to exceed expectations and deliver innovative solutions nobody else can. After all, we can’t achieve great things without you. So, you can look forward to fantastic rewards and development opportunities.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and abilities.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.