Head of Asset Management Office
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are part of a consortium including Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK – creating Connect Plus Services, a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways asset care from finance, through to design, build, maintenance as well as day to day operation.
As part of our 30-year remit to manage and improve the capital’s orbital motorway network, we deliver major improvement projects, such widening 38 miles of the M25, refurbishing tunnels and bridges, and installing hundreds of variable messaging signs and gantries, helping to maximise the use of the network and deliver more reliable journeys. We also manage the Dartford River crossing, and operate and maintain 440 kilometres of motorway providing our customer and road user with a world-class highway service.
The Asset and Project Delivery (A&PD) directorate at Connect Plus Services (CPS) is undergoing an exciting transformation to achieve excellence in operating and maintaining the M25 network.
The Head of Asset Management is a new senior leadership role within A&PD and CPS; they will work collectively with the new Heads of Delivery and Portfolio Management to ensure we achieve our business objectives.
As an inspiring leader, they will be a visible and motivational role model to their team, peers and the wider CPS Business. They will be a champion of our values and reinforce in everything they do, to contribute positively to achieving our mission of creating a positive legacy and experience for all our M25 customers.
Role Title: Head of Asset Management
Reports to: Asset and Project Delivery Director
Direct Reports: Professional Heads of Asset
Key Interfaces: Head of Portfolio Management, Head of Delivery, Service Delivery, Chief Engineer, Connect Plus Programme and Technical Director
Representing the A&PD SLT, the role holder will lead relationships with the following CPS Business Partners: Chief Engineer and Communications. The role holder will engage with the other Business Partners as required (Commercial, Finance, Quality & Performance, Information Technology, Health & Safety and Human Resources) and also support the other members of the A&PD SLT where they are main lead for A&PDs relationships with these Partners.
The Head of AM has an overall responsibility to provide enterprise asset management leadership and ensure the technical and performance integrity of M25 assets within the affordability envelope.
- Responsible for the development of the Asset Management Policy, Strategy and Plans ensuring alignment with Connect Plus, CPS organisational objectives, CPS enterprise risk framework and other enterprise level policies.
- Maximise financial return to CP and CPS business whilst meeting or exceeding contractual obligations for performance, standards and handback.
- Own and develop relationships with CP, HE and key supply chain partners to maximise mutual value and alignment to CP and CPS objectives via the Connect Plus Community Vision.
- Accountable for strategic asset lifecycle management of the entire asset portfolio including:
The ownership and execution of Asset Investment Planning (AIP) processes based on robust decision making to deliver short, medium and long term financial plans, to select and sponsor capital projects which can be handed over to the Portfolio Management Office (PMO) for project execution;
The ownership and execution of Asset Performance Management (APM) over the asset lifecycle including the specification of operations, maintenance and logistics (spares, tools, etc) activities for execution by the various operations teams;
Analytics, data Optimisation and trend analysis including lifecycle cycle costing throughout the asset lifecycle;
Interpreting & presenting client and asset data to inform asset management decisions across the lifecycle.
Working closely with the Chief Engineer to specify the requirements for the Asset Management System as a part of a wider integrated management system.
Manages Stakeholder Requirements, and external & internal issues which impact on the Asset Management System and obligations.
Demonstrates visible leadership on asset management in the organisation and across the Highways industry to explain and promote asset management delivery.
Manages and ensures the CP/CPS ISO 55001 continued accreditation including; leadership of external audit assessment on behalf of CPS; CPS ownership of the Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP) aligned to asset management objectives
Identifies and implements the Asset Management Plans required for the delivery of Asset Management Objectives, collaborating across Directorates.
Responsible for governance and due diligence of changes to the asset as a consequence of contract change or third parties works including assessment of commercial impacts of works in relation to contract compliance and seeking assurance from Chief Engineer
Responsible for the adoption of asset specific technical standards to maintain the technical and performance integrity of the asset.
Define the CPS Asset Management System; which assets, processes, activities and enablers fall within its scope.
Identifying the internal and external stakeholders relevant to the Asset Management Policy and Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP), and managing their input to the development, delivery and review of related plans.
Establishing a cross-directorate Asset Management Steering Group to support the review and delivery of strategic asset management objectives and short and long term plans across the organisation;
- Establishing and maintaining the processes, roles and responsibilities for maintaining the Asset Management Policy and Strategy.
- Identifying and maintaining the decision and risk criteria to be used when making asset management decisions. This activity should include liaising with the CPS finance and management accounting teams to ensure that general organisation wide parameters required for planning and valuing work and assets are standardised
- Operating our assets in a way that yields the greatest value for the business, aligning performance requirements, criticality and condition with interventions to create reliable performance in keeping with business expectations.
- Identifying and implementing the approach for delivering Asset Life Cycle Strategies and maintaining the processes, priorities and timetables.
- Planning and ensures delivery of effective communication about asset management.
- Establishing and leading an approach for asset management competency requirements in CPS.
- Identifying and ensuring effective delivery of asset management training in line with the set competence requirements and outcomes of learning needs analyses.
- Regularly reviewing and actioning opportunities for improvement of the Asset Management System.
- Representing CP and CPS at Highways England Asset Management groups and Safety, Engineering and Standard forums.
Robust experience of enterprise asset management, asset deterioration and optimisation models
· A proven ability to communicate and influence internal and external stakeholders to deliver business success
· Experience in implementing Lean and building a right first time culture
· Proven ability in strategic planning at a portfolio-level.
· A proven track record of designing and establishing new teams, processes and systems and, once established, effectively organising and leading a team to achieve its budget, objectives and targets.
· A proven track record of delivering value based continuous improvement.
Honours Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Engineering related subject
A proven track record in applying enterprise asset management principles to improve business performance and address client challenges
Asset Management Qualifications (or nearing completion) through the Institute of Asset Management or similar
Membership of an appropriate professional body, preferred but not essential