Head of CCS and Hydrogen
Head of CCS and Hydrogen
Hydrogen and CCS infrastructure will be a critical component of a Net Zero Energy system.
As our Head of CCS and Hydrogen, you will develop and implement the strategy for our Hydrogen (H2) and Carbon Capture Utilisation and Storage (CCUS) activity. Our aim is to become a market leader through a reputation for innovation, quality of delivery and excellence, across a range of services including technical advisory, project development and design and engineering of H2 and CCS infrastructure.
You will understand the H2 and CCS market as well as client drivers and be able to translate these into opportunities for our business.
Development of relationships with clients, including government stakeholders, project developers and energy organisations will be essential to success and you will therefore enjoy working with others, sometimes at client sites, sometimes from our offices, and thrive on working within a collaborative and diverse project environment.
About the Project or About the Team
We are looking for an experienced leader to develop our Hydrogen and CCS business.
As part of the Energy Systems business, you will be a key member of our team. Building strong and trusted relationships is an important aspect of this role, so flexibility for travel to other locations in the UK and Europe and our multiple office locations will be required so you can work closely with clients and colleagues alike.
You will be supported by a team of project and technical professionals. Our business is diverse and therefore you will be flexible, adaptable and have a keen interest in working with a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
This is a great opportunity to join a high growth, high performing team in an important leadership role.
What you’ll be doing
You will lead on developing and implementing our strategy for the emerging Hydrogen and CCS sector working closely with clients and industry stakeholders alike to identify opportunities for Atkins.
As the Head of H2 and CCS, you will be responsible for:
- Developing our brand and reputation in this sector, stimulating the market with insights, thought leadership and innovation to ultimately drive growth in market share.
- Develop strategic partnerships with key clients in the market, encouraging contributions to the client’s success and developing sustainable, long term relationships.
- Be the recognised sector expert within Atkins, translating changes and developments into opportunities.
- Monitor competitor activity, responding as required.
- Monitor government policy and ensure Atkins have a role in shaping future H2 and CCS strategy where possible.
- Develop our strategy and plan (which capitalises on our USPs and value propositions) bringing along the relevant internal business sectors.
- Take accountability for all planning and activity that will include sales and top line growth, proposition development, project delivery and financial results.
- Develop bid strategy and contracting approach for key opportunities.
- Be responsible for forecasts, budgets and target achievement in this sector
- Act as KAM or Project Director on key projects within your portfolio
The opportunities we have are varied in size and nature and will require a range of engineering and project services. As a key member of the team you will also;
- Lead and provide strategic guidance and input to bids
- Work with our Project and Engineering Leads, advising on capability and competency development within our delivery teams
You’ll need to have
You’ll have excellent communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills. You’ll be able to manage client relationships, engage constructively with multiple stakeholders and lead delivery of strategic work initiatives. Through your work you will also help support and shape the development of our future business.
You will have:
- Knowledge of the CCS and H2 market with a clear view of upcoming opportunities to capitalise on in the short, medium and long term.
- A proven track record of delivery of targets and growing share of the market
- Awareness of the nuances around developing low carbon projects and how we build credibility in this developing market.
- Ability to analyse market potential, and position Atkins as a leading partner and supplier through a reputation for excellence and quality of delivery.
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and the wider team.
- Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Good leadership qualities.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi- discipline team.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients.
- Be available to travel across the UK and Europe and work away from home, including periods overseas on assignments.
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualification.
Atkins support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
This is an exciting time for us, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our services in the UK and Germany.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.