Head of Delivery
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are part of a consortium including Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK – creating Connect Plus Services, a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways asset care from finance, through to design, build, maintenance as well as day to day operation.
As part of our 30-year remit to manage and improve the capital’s orbital motorway network, we deliver major improvement projects, such widening 38 miles of the M25, refurbishing tunnels and bridges, and installing hundreds of variable messaging signs and gantries, helping to maximise the use of the network and deliver more reliable journeys. We also manage the Dartford River crossing, and operate and maintain 440 kilometres of motorway providing our customer and road user with a world-class highway service.
The Asset and Project Delivery (A&PD) directorate at Connect Plus Services (CPS) is undergoing an exciting transformation to achieve excellence in operating and maintaining the M25 network.
The Head of Delivery is a new senior leadership role within A&PD and CPS; they will work collectively with the new Heads of Asset Management and Portfolio Management to ensure we achieve our business objectives.
As an inspiring leader, they will be a visible and motivational role model to their team, peers and the wider CPS Business. They will be a champion of our values and reinforce in everything they do, to contribute positively to achieving our mission of creating a positive legacy and experience for all our M25 customers.
Accountable for the safe delivery of the agreed Asset and Project Delivery Directorate portfolio for the M25 to quality, cost and time requirements.
Develop and maintain excellent collaborative working relationships across the business alongside the Head of Portfolio Management and Head of Asset Management, operating as part of an effective leadership team to deliver the vision and strategy for CPS.
· Responsible for the Health, Safety and Wellbeing of all those within the Delivery team and leading a culture of safe and well.
· Lead the delivery of the agreed A&PD Directorate for the M25 portfolio of programmes and projects to ensure that agreed quality, cost and time requirements are met and that added values is tracked and realised.
· Manage the implementation of the governance, plans and structure of the portfolio, programmes and projects to deliver the objectives of the business and respond to changing priorities and demands on the business.
· Ensure sufficient capability and capacity is provided in-house and through the supply chain to deliver the full requirements of projects and programmes in Asset Plans agreed with the Asset Management Office and Portfolio Management Office.
· Manage performance and outputs of delivery and capability teams using clearly defined targets with a focus on safety, financial performance, business objectives and customer outcomes.
· Responsible for defining our procurement strategy to meet future delivery needs for A&PD. Own and develop relationships with key supply chain partners to maximise mutual value and alignment to CPS objectives from long term relationships.
· Ensure a consistent and effective approach to portfolio, programme and project management and delivery.
· Maximise financial return to the business whilst meeting or exceeding contractual obligations, quality and delivery targets.
· Report on key issues, progress and performance and deputise for the Asset and Project Delivery Director at meetings as required.
· Adopt and implement a right first time culture to ensure a consistent and effective approach to portfolio, programme and project management and delivery including procurement and commercial factors.
· Keep up to date with contractual obligations, relevant legislation and best practice from wider Parent Companies, and drive innovation into how CPS delivers its portfolio.
· Build and maintain effective supportive relationships across the business and with its stakeholders; including Connect Plus, Highways England and the supply chain.
A proven ability to communicate and influence internal and external stakeholders to deliver business success Ability to project credibility
· Experience in implementing Lean and building a right first time culture
· An experienced leader with a strong background in delivering successful portfolios, programmes and projects.
· Experienced in strategic planning at a portfolio-level.
· A proven track record of designing and establishing new teams, processes and systems and, once established, effectively organising and leading a team to achieve its budget, objectives and targets.
· A proven track record of delivering value based continuous improvement .
Requirements and Qualifications:
Honours Degree or equivalent experience
· Membership of an appropriate professional body, preferred but not essential
· Recent or existing Senior Management level background
· Finance and Commercial track record developed within compatible business environment