Head of Procurement (MENA)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
At F+G in the Middle East, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people and organisations.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this role will lead the strategic direction and growth of procurement services, providing professional procurement guidance to clients, internal and external stakeholders in KSA and across the Middle East.
Our strategic procurement function works very closely with our clients to implement a best practice procurement pathway from business and programme level strategy to contract award, whilst actively managing the full procurement process.
Since establishment as a new service offering, the procurement team has successfully delivered against ambitious client programmes and projects for the past two years. This presents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and strategically focussed procurement professional to develop and deliver the next phase of growth.
- Leading a dynamic procurement service of this nature with the associated complexities of operating across multiple clients will require a well-rounded, deep technical and operational knowledge of procurement gained from experience working successfully on large-scale programmes and projects in the built environment. This will need to be combined with a genuine flair for stakeholder management, networking and building strong working relationships that deliver results.
- Energy and drive will be essential attributes at your disposal, alongside a natural motivation to keep procurement at the forefront of best practice: constantly looking beyond existing boundaries to identify innovative approaches and best practice regionally and internationally that could deliver improved outcomes for our clients.
- You will also need a strong people management and leadership focus and track record. Your procurement team, who operate across multiple locations, will look to you to set the agenda for strong partnership and collaborative working and creating an empowering, delivery focussed and supportive culture.
- Business growth will also be a key focus for procurement moving forward. We need an individual who will be comfortable in using their commercial expertise to grow and shape our service delivery portfolio, allowing us to deliver more effective services for our clients.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Procurement profession, of which 5 years’ experience gained in a senior management or leadership position
- Demonstrable track record of delivery and driving operational excellence in procurement across the built environment
- Experience of working in a client focused environment, working closely with key stakeholders, colleagues and other consultants to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to effectively respond to client opportunities by preparing bids, delivering pitches and creating compelling proposals
- Proven experience in end to end procurement processes, from inception through to implementation; with the ability to engage and collaborate with all levels of stakeholders internally and externally
- Middle East and international programme and project experience
- Professional accreditation and membership with CIPS, RICS or equivalent
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Our Latest Articles