Head of Supply Chain
Head of Supply Chain
Our supply chain comprises an extensive list of consultants in a wide range of disciplines. The importance of our supply chain has grown steadily in recent years in response to our client’s increasing wish to make multi-disciplinary appointments. As a result, services delivered through our supply chain accounted for approaching 25% of our revenue in 2020. The Head of Supply Chain is a newly created leadership role reflecting the importance to us of our suppliers and the vital part they play in delivering our services to clients.
The Head of Supply Chain will be responsible for setting the direction and standards for our supply chain management activity. They will focus on efficiency and consistency in procurement and commercial matters, effective communication and collaboration with suppliers, and improved levels of compliance. The Head of Supply Chain will drive best practice across the UK resulting in superior levels of performance and competitive advantage.
The role will have Board sponsorship and be highly visible across the UK&E business of Faithful+Gould.
Overview of role
The Head of Supply Chain will:
- Lead Supply Chain Management (SCM) activity within F+G UK.
- Appoint and lead a Supply Chain Technical Leadership Group (TLG).
- Drive use of the IAND system* to maximise the benefit to F+G.
- Be the SCM subject matter expert for F+G and participate in the TLG.
- Provide SCM input and support to business development activities, bids and frameworks.
- Develop supply chain relationships for mutual benefit.
- Develop SCM commercial arrangements for improved operational efficiency.
- Drive development of SCM as a service stream.
* The IAND system is the name of our supply chain digital tool. IAND is the provider of our supply chain digital tool with whom we have a collaborative partnership.
Key responsibilities and areas of focus.
Key responsibilities and areas of focus for the Head of Supply Chain are as follows.
- Supply chain management (SCM).
- Provide leadership on SCM matters within F+G.
- Oversee the ongoing development of F+G’s SCM Strategy.
- Ensure that there is business wide engagement with the SCM Strategy.
- Arrange and chair meetings of relevant staff as required by the SCM Strategy.
- Advise resource requirements for the effective management of SCM.
- Provide line management to staff working in SCM, as appropriate.
- Analyse feedback on SCM to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide regular reports and updates on IAND and SCM initiatives, as required.
- Drive use of IAND system to maximise the benefit to F+G.
- Enforce the use of IAND for all SCM activity.
- Explore ways to develop the system to further meet business needs.
- In conjunction with the Board Sponsor, oversee the partnership with IAND, including monitoring the performance of IAND, e.g. KPIs, service level agreements and the like.
- Oversee IAND PM licences allocations in conjunction with regional champions.
- Ensure system meets the needs of F+G’s business management system, particularly in respect of onboarding suppliers and performance reviews.
- Ensure sub-consultant performance reviews are carried out.
- Contribute to preparation of budgets for annual spend with IAND.
- Work with IAND to explore and exploit commercial opportunities arising from the IAND partnership.
- Ensure staff provide data required by the IAND system.
- Training, advice and QSSE.
- Ensure all necessary training in the use of IAND is in place.
- Ensure that written guidance is available for all relevant SCM processes, including FAQs.
- Liaise with the QSSE Business Partner to ensure all QA procedures are in place.
- Provide guidance to staff on an ad-hoc basis and respond to queries.
- Business Development.
- Provide SCM data and collateral to support bidding activity.
- Support the Sales & Growth strategy from an SCM perspective.
- Manage the “Key Supplier” sub-consultant initiative and work with relevant “Key Supplier” managers to develop business from these relationships.
- SCM – Commercial.
- Work with commercial teams to ensure that there is a plan in place for improvements in SCM commercial arrangements, with a focus on operational efficiency.
- SCM - Service Stream.
- Devise a strategy for the development of SCM as a service stream.
- Prepare a business case to support any investment required to implement the strategy.
- Lead the implementation of the strategy.
Profile of the successful candidate.
Will have experience in professional services in construction, infrastructure or a related sector, with an understanding of the consultancy model. Most importantly, we are seeking the right person with the ambition, enthusiasm and dedication to develop our approach and enhance our capabilities in the management of our supply chain.
Key skill and attributes of the successful applicant will include:
- Experienced and technically capable in the commercial issues arising in the appointment of consultants.
- An understanding of procurement arrangements for consultancy appointments.
- An understanding of business development in the construction consultancy market.
- Experience of change management and business improvement processes.
- A strong communicator – able to lead business wide webinars, and present at board level.
- A natural collaborator with ability to build strong and effective relationships
- Ability to influence at all levels of the business
- Highly driven, organised with excellent attention to detail.
Reporting and accountability.
The successful candidate will report to the Business Services Director, who is the Board Sponsor for this role.
Rewards & Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Project, programme & cost management
Are you ready to work on some of the most exciting and prestigious construction challenges in the UK? Join our collaborative team where everyone has a voice, and together we deliver excellence for peo
Project, programme & cost management
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the infrastructure, property and industry sectors. Dedicated to delivering high qua
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs